What's new

The Last Movie You Watched?

Draft Day. Kevin Costner plays the aging QB of the Browns, who's stuck mentoring the team's hotshot first round QB of the future...

Naaaah, just kidding. It's a pretty entertaining, if completely unbelievable (watch it and you'll know what I mean) "football" movie.

Leon (The Professional) - I've seen it many times and it still is great. One of Luc Besson's best. The movie that launched Natalie Portman.

Percy jackson sea of mosters, 7/10

it was entertaining, i think it was better than the first one. My wife said that it followed the book better. Alexandria Dadario is really easy on the eyes.

About last night, 7.5/10

I haven't watched the original with demi and rob lowe (i actually didn't know about it). Kevin hart was his usual self, but the women in this movie were fine as hell. I laughed a lot throughout it. I guess it wasn't too bad, and it had "shooter mcgaving" from happy gilmore.

On Netflix...
Pineapple Express - It passed the time well enough but it's not as consistently funny as a film like this needs to be. Certainly not in the same league as Superbad. Seth Rogen plays another Seth Rogen type character but on a more positive note I thought James Franco was very good and fleshes out his character very well.

The Iceman - Pretty much a by-the-numbers mob film but Michael Shannon's less is more performance makes it worthwhile.

Cinema...
As Above / So Below - I was enjoying this. A genuinely likeable cast of characters with a tense and claustrophobic Indiana Jones feel to it before it all just collapses into jump-frights and tropes in the disappointing final third.

GRAND PIANO - This thriller brings Hitchcock to mind with its story of a brilliant pianist who's threatened by an unnamed assailant - until he realizes he's the nexus of an unconventional burglary. Does the story make sense? Not completely. Is it good? It's like an old-fashioned suspense yarn aided by filmmaking bravado. The music's so good that you don't mind the flaws. *** of four

Last edited:

About last night, 7.5/10

I haven't watched the original with demi and rob lowe (i actually didn't know about it). Kevin hart was his usual self, but the women in this movie were fine as hell. I laughed a lot throughout it. I guess it wasn't too bad, and it had "shooter mcgaving" from happy gilmore.

I saw the original when it first came out and thought it was great. It was on HBO a couple of years ago. Let's just say it hasn't held up very well. And it may just have the dumbest closing line of any movie.

22 jump street: 8,5/10
If you liked the first, you'll love the second.
I was laughing like an idiot for most of the movie.

A HARD DAY'S NIGHT - This is packed to the gills with Beatles hits - but it's mostly an excuse for hearing fun pop music (though you may have to endure some strained gags in between). Still, it was cool to watch the film with subtitles, if only to capture the colloquial fun. ** of four

brucered

System Generated
I know what i'm watching next. Thank you sir.

Me too. I enjoyed the first one very much, which surprised me.

Valkyrie -far from great, but it has its moments. The depiction of Hitler is ludicrous, though.

I couldn't get over the absence of accents and disagree with their decision. :thumbdown

On the lack of German accents in the film:
"You know, we spent a lot of time going back and forth over that. All of a sudden you're listening to people trying to put on accents and Bryan finally said, 'No, no, no.' Just tell the story. We don't want to do an accent movie, just try and find something neutral that won't distract from the story and the characters."

Last edited:
Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
$uploadfromtaptalk1411855263193.jpg

Top Bottom