What's new

The Last Movie You Watched?

watched Legend about the Krays. I kept expecting Spiny Norman to show up, but was disappointed there. Overall not bad. Glad I didn't see it in the theater.

Jungle Book, most excellent

How did you feel about the jungle-burning, tiger-killing little brat Mowgli? Sure, he wasn't as bad as he was in the book, in which he Mowgli gets Shere Khan stomped to death, skins him and turns him into a handsome hearth rug, but he was still a pretty bad boy!

:tongue_sm

Dinsdale!
$18dnko93agbu.jpg

How did you feel about the jungle-burning, tiger-killing little brat Mowgli? Sure, he wasn't as bad as he was in the book, in which he Mowgli gets Shere Khan stomped to death, skins him and turns him into a handsome hearth rug, but he was still a pretty bad boy!

:tongue_sm

Well that was a bit off, however started with fire to Khan's eye, so I think it was an appropriate death. plus there were just enough hints of the musical songs that made it good. They could not have picked a better Louey

The Hateful Eight: I am a fan of Quentin Tarantino's movies and while I did enjoy it, it was one of his lesser works. There was a lot of long shots of beautiful scenery, there was snappy dialogue delivered by Tarantino's favor posse of actors and the usual flashbacks / alternate views of scenes that had already been presented.

This was familiar (good) and also recycled/redundant (bad). I think that he is worked through most of the movie cliches and archetypes; crime capers, spaghetti westerns, grindhouse, chop-socky, blaxploitation and war movies. Some have been excellent and fresh, some have mediocre stale - I think that the Hateful Eight falls between the two, roughly 2.5 / 5 stars

Top Bottom