What's new

The Last Movie You Watched?

Will be there for the premiere.

$guardians-of-the-galaxy.jpg

karate kid 3. 2/10

Not much to say, but i think they should have stopped after one. I didn't mind part two that much, but three was just bad imo.

THE QUIET AMERICAN - Michael Caine improves just about every film he's in, and his convincing performance as a British journalist in 50's Vietnam does the trick again. This new adaptation of the Graham Greene novel has the same deliberate pacing, a story that documents how French colonialism gave way to American ambitions - with tragic results. (*** of four)

Machete Kills, 2/10

I knew what i was getting into when i started watching this, just like the first film which i actually enjoyed. This one just felt flat.

It gets a 2 for that chick that was wearing the leather chaps, she was fine.

THE QUIET AMERICAN - Michael Caine improves just about every film he's in, and his convincing performance as a British journalist in 50's Vietnam does the trick again. This new adaptation of the Graham Greene novel has the same deliberate pacing, a story that documents how French colonialism gave way to American ambitions - with tragic results. (*** of four)

Another one I'll be adding to my list.

Godfather II is just as good if not better. You're not missing out on anything by skipping Godfather III.
There are only two Godfather movies. ;-)

I have been on a Redbox spree but the big surprise was the Robocop remake. I had a free rental coupon or I wouldn't have bothered and I ended up really enjoying it. The story was brought up to date and was more solid than the first one. There were a few homage moments but they weren't as plentiful or as awkwardly inserted as in the case of the latest Star Trek movie.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by witeq
The Grand Budapest Hotel

GBH is of the best of the year.

THE DEN - BLAIR WITCH PROJECT may have started the "found video" horror genre, but THE DEN takes it to a different level. When a young woman wins a grant covering a web community called "The Den," it attracts the usual assortment of bores and creeps. But it's clear that someone has hacked onto her account, making herself and friends vulnerable to anonymous - and real - attacks. The more aware of the technology, the more you'll enjoy this thriller. ***1/2 of four

Top Bottom