What's new

Your favorite obscure artisan soap slinger?

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
Uncle Jon's in Berlin Md makes a great product. His "Pipe Smoke" scent is one of my absolute favorite scents, reminds me of the Cherry Vanilla pipe tobacco my grandpa used to smoke.

Adam

Midnight and Two, a local artisan based in Calgary. Some of the best vegan soaps I have ever used. Much better in fact than many tallow soaps.

I love it when I stumble upon a really great virtually unknown soap maker. I'd love to get some of these soaps into the soap sample passaround to help get the vendors some more exposure but before reaching out to them I'd like to know what makes these soaps great. I mean why bother trying them when there are so many well known soaps to try. Most of the time when I try an unknown soap I'm disappointed so what is it that makes these soaps special. If you guys could provide some short reviews or add what qualities they have in comparison to other soaps you've tried maybe I can reach out to some of the vendors.

For example: The best unknown soap company I've found lately is Sudsy Soapery. I'm really liking their Lavender & Peppermint scented soap in particular. The lather is thick and rich with great slickness that is exceptionally forgiving, It also really excels in post shave feel. It's an $11 soap with silky clays and lots of butters giving it a post shave feel similar to PannaCrema Nuavia. I skipped the after shave balm the other day and didn't even notice. This one is a very high quality soap at a very reasonable price. I consider it right up the ther with the absolute very best I've tried and I've tried hundreds and hundreds of soaps. This and PannaCrema Nuavia are my two favorite soap finds of the year.

+1 on Sudsy Soapery. Really like the Sage and lime.

Tallow & Steel. Loved the old formula. Just ordered a couple in their new base yesterday. Also Turtleship Shave Co. makes a pretty darned good soap.

I don't hear much about them, but I have been enjoying K Shave Worx. I even found some of their scents on Etsy underneath South Florida Wet Shavers (a collaboration). Nice scents, great lather, and witch hazel based aftershaves.

tmp_26681-water-balloon-launcher924168091.jpg

:a49::biggrin1:

I have to show some love for Long Rifle Soap Co. I found them within a month of being here on B&B, and they are still, after all this time, my favorite soap maker. Plus, thanks to my reviews the owner said her business exploded, so I get free stuff almost every time I place a new order. I don't think I will ever not have some Long Rifle in my shave den.

Plus I now use their body soap exclusively. Their scent profiles are off the charts awesome.

one of my favorites that seems to get little discussion is Ballenclaugh. I traded some away and that is the only trade that I have any feelings of regret--not strong regret like I wish I hadn't done that, but regret that I might have to go find some more.

Talbot Shaving

As good or better than Sudsy Soapery, L&L and clearly better than Eufros Premium, CRSW Premium and others.

I have to show some love for Long Rifle Soap Co. I found them within a month of being here on B&B, and they are still, after all this time, my favorite soap maker. Plus, thanks to my reviews the owner said her business exploded, so I get free stuff almost every time I place a new order. I don't think I will ever not have some Long Rifle in my shave den.

Plus I now use their body soap exclusively. Their scent profiles are off the charts awesome.
Yep, I really like Long rifle. Both the shaving and bath soaps are really good

Top Bottom