What's new

Who shaves EVERY single day?

Two passes every day, have been doing so for 20+ years.

No pressure. Find your angle. Opt in for two passes vs. trying to nail it the first time through.

Patience is a virtue.

No cartridges, D.E/S.E or straights only .
i am hamburger meat right now after my3rd consecutive shave. Feather artist club to start and cartilage to finish back of head .

I would suggest trying a different blade, perhaps a Astra SP or Red Personna.

Daily shaver here, using Mühle R41, Shark SS blade and a nice Silvertip brush. The only thing I vary is soap/cream.

What was causing your irritation? Inquiring minds want to know.
Best I can figure is that I needed a sharper blade. I was using Derby & Shark, because I hacked my face to bits with Astras when I first started, but that turned out to be a bad first razor, but I was still a bit skittish of sharper blades. Then I got my Super Speed, but was still only shaving every other day, because of irritation. I finally decided to give sharper blades another try, and the very first shave after moving to a sharper blade, no more irritation.

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
I'm only 2 weeks in but I shave every day (I love it that much) but I should think about taking Sundays off...

Best I can figure is that I needed a sharper blade. I was using Derby & Shark, because I hacked my face to bits with Astras when I first started, but that turned out to be a bad first razor, but I was still a bit skittish of sharper blades. Then I got my Super Speed, but was still only shaving every other day, because of irritation. I finally decided to give sharper blades another try, and the very first shave after moving to a sharper blade, no more irritation.

Cool. Hope things keep improving for you. I'm also hoping to shave every day if my technique continues to improve...so far, so good.

I'm retired, so no more shave-every-morning for me. My skin has gotten less resilient over the years, so I feel irritation if I shave every 24 hours. 36 hours between shaves is perfect, but I shave at night, so I end up shaving every-other day. Which works just fine.

I may shave every day for a few days in a row if I have to look presentable. If I don't have to look presentable, which is much of the time, I shave every three to four days, like most California beach bums. :tongue_sm

I've been DE shaving for about 4 months now and I shave everyday with the occasional day off to let my face recover. I use an EJ DE89 with Gillette 7 O'clock greens, and Proraso green & red depending on time of day, I work shifts so shaving times vary. I get virtually no irritation now, when I used carts I would skip 2 or 3 days because I hated shaving (got lots of irritation and shave lumps round my neck line), then I found this forum and a whole new hobby started. My wife wants to know when I'll start saving money as promised when I started.

Andy

Except for a few days when I have been ill or seriously inconvenienced, I have shaved every day since -- say -- some time in 1954.

I shave everyday. I use a ED 89Lbl as my primary razor. When I'm pressed for time or traveling, I'll use a cartridge. Prior to my introduction to the DE razor, shaving was just a chore. Now, I welcome the feel of stubble and view it as an opportunity to try out a new soap or cream. Weird huh?

Top Bottom