What's new

Who shaves EVERY single day?

I used to shave every day, but I had a stroke a couple of years ago which dropped my showers (and shaves) to every other day. This last Monday, though, I checked to see if maybe if I washed my face and kept it wet during my hair combing/tooth brushing/deodorant applying routine on a non-shower day, maybe it would be enough beard prep to get away with. To my surprise, it was, so now I'm back to shaving every morning (though I might skip a day on the weekends). I sure don't miss that 80-grit feel on those off days.

Every day. The stubble's so thick I have to. It may be an age thing: Used to be able to skip a day or more, particular during vacation.

Every day at 6:30AM, weekend I'm abit lazy and don't do it till 7am... I've always been an oddity amoung my peer group in that typical most of them will be falling up the stairs drunk this time after being out on the town, I have my expendable income invested in a divers shaving portfolio where I expect no returns.... Who's the silly one here.

I started DE shaving when I was 14 and then shaved three times a week. By the time I was 16 I was shaving every day. In 1961, I sported a beard while in college. Since 1963, I don't recall a day in which I didn't shave. I used a DE exclusively until I joined B&B and branched out to SE and injector razors.

I shave every night. I shower at night and find it easier to shave directly after the shower. Eventually I shall get a shave mirror for the shower and make it a single stop affair.

Shave every two or three days unless going somewhere I think clean shaven would be better. Retired now but always did it like that except when I had a job that required everyday shaving.

Daily with no irritation or skin problems. BBS almost always. Oddly enough when I was a cart or electric plebe I had constant irritation, redness and hated the daily shave. It's possible that DE has forced me to better technique though.
I can only handle everyday with cartridge, I get irritation with the Feather artist club if I push the blade to 3 shaves.

Used to shave every couple weeks with a cartridge and a can of foam with massive irritation, then my wife bought me a DE and brush about a year ago. I told her I hated shaving and though using something more dangerous would be a bad idea. After a few days tried it out and cut myself pretty good. After about a month I found this site and started learning proper techniques and tricks and now can't imagine going a day without shaving. Or spending all of my money on shaving stuff :tongue_sm

I have been shaving primarily with a straight for a couple of months and very rarely skip a day. I love my daily ritual and only give it up for a day when I've done some damage. :tongue_sm

Graydog

Biblical Innards
Still Shaving Every day, I go to bed at night thinking of what I have to look forward to in the morning:thumbup:

Every day with an Edwin Jagger DE89. I use Proraso white and other Feather or Astra SP blades.

A Feather AC is a sharp tool, you might just need some more practice before you can shave every day.

I'd suggest something milder, and focus on a close comfortable shave rather than super smooth and close every time. A little stubble will come right off next shave, razor burn may take a while to heal. In all honesty, it took me months to get proficient and about a year together really good. Now after three years, I breeze through three passes in about 7-8 minutes. I get an occasional nick but nothing more. Practice and don't shoot for BBS every time.

Scott

I go for a BBS mon-friday, waking up at 0430 to give myself 30 minutes to shave before PT. On saturday/sunday I only do a two pass WTG shave because my wife likes stubble on occasion, however make up for the missed passes by shaving my left arm on saturday and right arm on sundays (I have tattoos and they look better with shaved arms).

My facial hair grows slowly, even though I am approaching 40 :001_smile I shave every other day. I could easily go 3 days with as close of a shave as I am getting with the DE razor.

I just started with a DE razor about 2 weeks ago, so I am just learning. However, a 2 pass shave gets me a pretty daggone smooth shave!

I shaved yesterday morning, and I can definitely feel the stubble today. Even with the grain. I don't mind a little stubble though. It adds some color to my pale face and makes me feel like a man! :laugh:

(Possibly long-winded response- as a newbie I can feel your pain) :001_rolle Stick with one pass WTG till you are absolutely sure you have no pressure of razor against skin (leaning the razor against the skin rather than holding it there is how it makes sense to me). Here is my big lesson - a screw up day because I got . . . careless maybe? My first few shaves were incident free- one pass WTG. With Astra SP in a Muhle R89. A few days later, maybe 4 I went to Feathers in the same razor - (a little worry as to the result. . . ); and it was fine. I did listen to the guys about no pressure.

"I got this," I thought. Then I started adding second passes and, in just a few days, a third pass- XTG - even a little ATG on flatter parts of the face. Started getting a little irritation. No biggie, I thought. Then I managed one day to get the cream just a little too thin. "No worries - it still looks ok," I thought. (Notice the lack of judgement twice there!) :blushing: I knew I'd made a mistake as soon as I was done. The hot towel was awful- not soothing. The aftershave balm. . . didn't. My face stayed warm to hot all evening. "What HAD I done?" I thought. So the next day I paid attention only to the pressure. Same blade, same cream mixed just a little too thin, same razor (and the Feather is on day 5 now and I've never gone past 3). It made all the difference in the world. Just focused on no pressure and that shave and nearly every one since has been great.

Last edited:
Yes, I shave every single day with very few exceptions. Last time I missed a shave was June when I was wilderness camping in the White Mountains. Other that situations like that I enjoy starting every day with a good shave. Back when I was using cartridges I would generally skip 1 or 2 shaves on the weekends because of my dislike of the whole experience. But then I saw the light again and came back to DE.

Every day with a DE, I use a merkur long handle and whichever blade catches my eye that day. Most days, Is a dfs, some a bbs. Every so often, I get a nick or two. But, I find that it's just a great way to start off my day.

Top Bottom