What's new

What's Your Favorite Guitar Riff or Solo?

Anything by Tommy Emmanuel!!!
Pantera- Cemetary Gates
Metallica- One
Van Halen- Hot for Teacher
Buckethead- Jordan ( extended version )
Eagles- Hotel California ( acoustic from " Hell Freezes Over" )
Pretty much everything by SRV, Jimmy Page, Jeff Beck, or Roy Buchanan.

There are so many legendary guitarists we could go on for months listing the best works by each of them.

I would highly advise getting on youtube and checking out Tommy Emmanuel though. Steve Vai said one time in an interview with Guitar World magazine that if he had to pick one guitarist as being the best ever, regardless of genre, it would be Tommy Emmanuel. I would have to agree with him too.

One of my favorites, at least one that immediately comes to mind:

The riff that lies underneath The Grateful Dead's "Passenger" (from "Terrapin Station") and really shines through at about 1:23 and again (slightly modified) at about 2:20. The song as a whole isn't one of my favorites (though I do like it), but that riff is just awesome.

+1,000
Great music! Danny Seraphine made me want to play drums. He is a MONSTER! I'll never comprehend why they kicked him out of the band.

Me neither. Supposedly it was a decision led by Champlin and Scheff, and they thought he had too much control over the band. Honestly, though, as much as I respect (and love) the horns and vocals in the first five albums, the drums really set the tone & pace. So maybe there was something to that argument. But I liked it that way.

edit: Check out Danny's new band, California Transit Authority, on iTunes. They do some very good stuff with Chicago's standards. I downloaded a few songs today and I got chills listening to them...

Lowell George's screaming slide guitar solo on "Tripe Face Boogie," from Feats Don't Fail Me Now, as well as his work on the rest of that album.

Two great opening riffs..

AC/DC- You shook me all nihjt long
Nirvana- Smells Like teen Spirit

Also like guitar solo in "My Sharona"

to name a few

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I'll see your......., and raise you a .........

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0719DxMOUY[/YOUTUBE]

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
:eek:

You win.

Oh, how you win.

Of course, that's like winning a "knobbiest knees" contest at an English boarding school, but still ...

Argh, there are so many. But one guitar part that comes to mind is at the end of Mercyful Fate's "The Bell Witch", there is an instrumental portion with Shermann and Denner swapping lead lines over the riff... It's melodic yet evil, imaginative and deeply satisfying. Not to mention the amazing lead playing that's scattered throughout the whole song. Pure Euro Death Black Metal bliss.

M

modern man

proxy.php

Whole Album.

Top Bottom