What's new

🎵 🎸 🥁 🎻 🎷 🎶 SOTD - “Favorite Music" Theme Week” - October 2nd, 2023 to October 8th, 2023 🎵 🎸 🥁 🎻 🎷 🎶

Status
Not open for further replies.
2023-10-07

Japanese Bowl ¤ ABdB Silvertip ¤ 7/8" Reiza-Kai, Tokyo
Portus Cale Black Edition Soap, Aftershave Balm & EDT

proxy.php

SOTD OCTOBER 7th
OCTOBER 2023 GRUME
TABACTOBER 2023
OCtober 2023

Hello friends

Spring Saturday dawned very pleasant here. Tabac was perfect. R41, Gillette Silver Blue (5) and Semogue SOC Mixture are more than perfect…

With us, the incredible Benny Golson.

What a wonderful start to the weekend, my friends!

Rating: 10

Have a nice weekend and great shaves.
❤️🪒

36E8DEF9-53F5-4115-8DD9-AF029EB3EE3D.jpeg
IMG_2233.jpeg

A SOD.jpg

Pre-Shave
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Face Soap
Soap/Cream
Martin de Candre
Brush
Shavemac Synthetic
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Wolfman WR2 1.05 SB
Blade
Personna Med Prep
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Duke Cannon
Fragrance
TOBS Sandalwood
Rating
10/10
Comments
I decided to change razors today. I went with my Wolfman WR2 loaded with a Personna Medical Prep blade. No nicks, cuts, or weepers. I used my Shavemac Synthetic, a nice brush. This brush is one of my favorite synthetic brushes. Although it is soft on my face, it loads the soap easily. The MdC soap is on its 246th use and going strong. Have a great day, folks.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Saturday, October 7th 2023.

Razor : Gillette Fatboy adjustable E4- Mfg 1959- all aggression ranges. Well built to last generations with a little care, brass base with a Nickel coating. I prefer my Fatboy over my Gillette Slim slightly, both great razors and sold millions.
Blade : Gillette Permasharp (1) sharp and smooth with reasonable longevity.
Soap : Yaqi Musketeer Rapier, nice unique scent similar to (Aramis classic) with excellent lather qualities. Yaqi had Master soap Creations SA make their line of soaps and fragrances.
Brush : Yaqi" Lucky dice" 26mm brown whiskers synthetic fan knot. Excellent lather generator, luxury cloud like soft tips, nice splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Yaqi Musketeer Rapier with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : 1-10 dial - Copy (2)3 template 9.5.1.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Had a close comfortable shave this morning with my Gillette Fatboy with a Gillette 7oClock Permasharp.
SOTD October 7 2023.jpg

Have some great shaves!

SOTD: 10/07/2023

Razor: Blackland Blackbird
Blade: Treet Falcon, 2nd use
Brush: Simpson Colonel X2L Best Badger
Preshave: PAA Enigma Machine CUBE 2.0
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Tundra Artica
Aftershave: Old Spice Aftershave
Additional Care: Thayer’s Lavender WH
Fragrance: Paco Rabanne 1 Million Edt
IMG_6018.jpeg

Was just shooting for par this morning as today was my daughter’s 3rd birthday party and I didn’t want to push it and accidentally cut myself or something(because that’s how my luck goes) but I managed BBS without even trying. 5 out of 5 stars

Sunday SOTD
20231005_115834 (2).jpg

Razor: Osgar 862 5/8 Full Hollow
Brush: Simpson Sovereign Fibre 27mm faux Tortoise
Bowl: Asfreidaturns Texas Mesquite 4 1/4"
Pre-Shave Scrub: PAA Ice Cube 2
Pre-Shave Balm: Proraso Sensitive
Shave Soap: Southern Witchcraft Autumn Ash
Butter: Saponificio Varesino Puro Burro di Karitè
Aftershave: Southern Witchcraft Autumn Ash

B2D83F1F-1487-436F-9AF3-AB96CAD03247.jpeg
Razor - Carbon Cx-904L original plate
Blade - Personna Lab Blue (4)
Brush - Marley Machine Works Timascus
Software - Gentleman’s Nod Bluegrass Muse

Another hot day, making one feel like a roasted duck hanging under a heat lamp in a Chinese restaurant. The GN Bluegrass Muse was very refreshing and was perfect for this weather. The Carbon Cx with the original plate continues to impress, providing me with BBS shaves with no irritation and plenty of blade feel.

Shave Date 10/7/23
Razor:
Rex Envoy
Blade: GSB(2)
Pre-Shave: PAA Cube 2.0
Soap: PAA Planet Phoenix
Brush: PAA Atomic Rocket
Post-shave: Alum Block, Thayers, PAA Mysterium Serum, Planet Phoenix Aftershave
Bowl: Douglas Smith Pottery Suribachi Shaving Bowl
Rating: 9.75/10 BBS Cheeks and DFS+ on the neck. 0 weeper.

Notes here.

Fantastic shave this morning. The GSB and Rex Envoy are a match made in heaven. The combo shaved superbly ATG on the face with a shallow angle. I was very impressed. I deducted a quarter point because the Neck is never BBS. I did get about as close as I have in a while but stopped shy of BBS to avoid any irritation.

I am enjoying the scent of Planet Phoenix, it was a limited scent when I got it and now is no longer listed. A puck and the aftershave will last me a good long while. Especially with it being only one of many I have in my shaving arsenal.

The song will be LSU's fight song. As we pulled one out against an undefeated Mizzou today in Columbia Mo.

IMG_1308.jpeg

Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom