What's new

🚀 👩‍🚀 👽 👾 SOTD - “Dune/SciFi/Space Week” February 19th - 25th, 2024 🚀 👩‍🚀 👽 👾

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello again, B&Bers!

Dune 2 is coming out this week in Canada and other locales (USA release March 1st). Many people are excited to see the second instalment of the series, so let’s do a SciFi theme this week. Dune or anything SciFi!

For this Week’s SOTD Theme Week, let’s see Dune or SciFi items or any shaving gear that is space age looking, futuristic or looks kinda out there. Post your Techmatics, Merkur Futurs and other cutting edge or futuristic looking shaving gear. Incorporating Dune or SciFi themed items in your pic is also another way to participate. Have a moon rock or a Lego Mars Rover instead? Perfect!

This Weekly Theme is one I always look forward to as I love seeing unique and futuristic shaving related items… and I am a space nerd. Even your PAA soaps and splashes with their goofy alien logo works for this week’s theme. Muglar Alien cologne fits. Noble Otter Orbit? You betcha. Have some of that gross freeze dried astronaut food lying around? Let’s see it! If you don’t have anything themed, post pics of your usual SOTD or just tell us about it.

As always, being creative and having fun IS mandatory but sticking with the theme is NOT mandatory but very strongly encouraged.

Let’s see your Dune/SciFi themed items and futuristic looking shaving gear!

1708311616909.jpeg

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
-He who controls the spice controls the universe.

-I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

-We are House Atreides. There is no call we do not answer. There is no faith that we betray.

Menthol Monday SOTD
20240218_153623.jpg

Razor: Schick Type F
Blade: Gem PTFE SS (D1)
Brush: Oscar11 24mm Black Wolf
Bowl: Olivewood 5"
Pre-Shave Scrub: PAA Ice Cube 2
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Eucalyptus & Spearmint
Shave Cream: Taconic Eucalyptus Mint Iced (Koolada)
Balm: Nancy Boy Cooling
Aftershave: TSD SubZero

IMG_2926.JPG

Razor: Fatip Piccolo
Blade: Gillette 7o'clock Super Platinum (4th use)
Brush: Omega 48
Cream: Palmolive Classic
Aftershave: Euro Brut

Ok shave, comfortable but not the closest, I feel a slightly sharper blade (BIC) works better in the Fatip, and I might keep my Super Platinums for my Tech. I didn't get around to using this combo during last weeks theme (European), but I thought I'd do it anyway.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
IMG_0191.jpeg

1) Italy: Brush Omega 10777.
2) Italy: Shaving Soap Proraso Red Tub.
3) England: Razor Gillette Superspeed. (Heirloom, my dad’s).
4) Egypt: Razor Blade Big Ben Super Stainless.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Poland: Aftershave Balm Nivea Men Sensitive Skin and Stubble Balm.
7) Spain: EDT Nautica Classic.

A SOD.jpg

Pre-Shave
Face wash with Cera Ve Hydrating Facial Cleanser
Soap/Cream
Vintage Williams
Brush
Frank Shaving Synthetic
Bowl
Old Spice Mug + Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
ATT S-1
Blade
Wizamet
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Art of Shaving Sandalwood ASB
Fragrance
Beverly Hills Polo Club
Rating
10/10
Comments
Statting the new week with a different razor. Today’s razor is a slant: ATT S-1. Once again, I am using a Wizamet blade. I can use almost any blade in this razor and get a nice BBS shave. The shaving brush today is a Frank Shaving Synthetic. To load sufficient soap with this brush I wet the puck but keep the brush just damp. The Williams soap is on its 74th use. A perfect shave. Hope you all have great day and week.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
SPACE WEEK!

My favorite SOTD Theme! I am on the road at the moment. (What else is new!) And I dont have any Dune related stuff with me. But behold! I do have a cool little sample tub of PAA Mega Flora! What a great soap and scent this is! it is firmly in the fourgere camp. But with a bit of a twist. The top notes are a mix of a woodsy forest scent, with a good kick of citrus layered in. Its great. And the PAA bases are high on my list.

Space themed? You bet. The Mega Flora label shows a dude in a space suit trying to enter a derelict ship that has been overgrown by vegetation.

2024-02-19 08.13.49.jpg

Presidents' Day
Pre-shave: Harry’s Exfoliating Face Wash /Jack Black Beard Lube
Razor: Feather AS-D2
Blade: SuperMax Blue Diamond Platinum
Brush: Rudy Vey Custom w/TGN Two-Band
Soap: Mama Bear’s Aged Spice
Aftershave: Alum/ Humphrey’s Witch Hazel /Floid Blue
Balm: Anthony All-Purpose Facial Moisturizer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom