What's new

whats your favorite beer?

I have tried hundreds of beers over the last few decades. I love micro/ nano/ brewpub beers because the guys that make it really care about the beer.

That being said, MILLER LITE = there will always be some in my fridge. Delicious when you want a cold beer. Union made (UAW) beer. :001_cool:

Best beer I've ever tasted was Manny's Pale Ale. Brewed at a microbrewery in Seattle and unfortunately they don't ship anywhere near me. If you're in the area enjoy one for me.

My favorite thing to do on Fridays is come home, kick my boots up, and enjoy a cold Shiner Bock.

Hell ya! Manny's is awesome. Although I must say, my favorite beer of all time is Mac and Jack's African Amber, also brewed in Seattle (actually in Redmond, WA). Such a delicious beer. Were you able to try that one while in Seattle? Mac and Jack's brewery gives free tours of their brewery and beer samples every Sunday in Redmond. In my eyes, Seattle is the king of beer in the United States next to Oregon, Colorado and California.

A few of my other favorites:

Trois Pistoles by Unibroue
Lagunitas IPA

And many beers from Metropolitan, Great Lakes Brewing, Goose Island, and tons more I can't think of right now.

I have a couple of favs; Clipper City Red Sky at Night Belgian Style Saison Ale, and Fordham Wisteria Wheat. I also like various others from those two brewers. Fordham also has a Saison Ale, but it's a seasonal and not always available.

My favorites are: Troegenator, a Double bock brewed locally in PA, Guinness Extra Stout (NOT THE DRAUGHT), Coors Extra Gold for a cheap drinking beer and Genny Cream Ale for those, "I have no money, but need my beer days".

For me on the Donestics I love anything very hoppy...

1. Hop Hazard by River Horse...
2. Hop Hog by a brewery in PA...slips my mind at this moment...
3. Just about anything from Troegs Brewery in Harrisburg, PA...
4. Dales in the can
5. Orval Trappist -for that special occasion

I'll jump in on this one. My top 5 list:

1. My all time favorite beer is Russian River Pliny the Elder - It's a BIG double IPA
2. Three Floyds Drednaught
3. Green Flash Le Freak
4. My favorite Import is probably Houblon Chouffe
5. Carolus Gulden Draak

Like wine, there are too many types of beer to single out just one favourite. So as of this moment:

Lager: Pilsner Urquell (Czech)
Bitter: Fuller's ESB (England)
Wheat: Blue Moon (USA)
Stout: Guiness (Ireland)

And my "local" favourites: Steam Whistle Lager, Creemore Lager, Wellington County Ale (Canada)

My personal favorite: Duvel. A DAMN fine brew! Franziskaner is a good too.

By far, however, I drink more Schlitz Gusto than any other beer. Dirt cheap, and so much better than the competition. I can actually taste the hops in it!

Three Floyds Gumball Head
Dogfish 90 Minute
Green Flash IPA
Schneider Weisse Aventus
Apt 12
Could keep going...Love me a perfectly poured Pint of Guinness in the Fall/Winter

I'm not a terribly loyal customer to any brewery. Recently, Flying Dog's Raging B!tch has been just what the doctor ordered. And several Heavy Seas ales. And Sam Adams's Latitude 48 is intriguing. Ask me again next month.:001_smile

I don't drink much beer, but I do like a malty double bock, preferably Spaten Optimator. Newcastle Brown Ale is alright. Don't care for light beers and hop flavor.

If these were the only beers I could drink I'd be OK with this list.

Rahr Bucking Bock
Rahr Ugly Pug
Shiner Kolsch
Sierra Nevada IPA
Miller Lite

Its hard for me to pick as I like so many across so many styles. Its about to be my favorite season though when all the Imperial Stouts, Chocolate Stouts and Coffee Stouts start arriving. I am picking up some Founder's CBS, Breakfast Stout and Backwoods Bastard this afternoon. Soon Terrapin's Wake-N-Bake will be out, another seasonal favorite. I also love IPAs, Sours, and Belgian Quads. I have been drinking a good number of Pumpkin and Marzens lately with Pumpking and Ayinger Oktober Fest being on the top of my list. I also brew so I drink a good bit of homebrew as well...I love beer.

Top Bottom