What's new

whats your favorite beer?

Labatt Blue for daily libation. Sam Adams Boston Lager, SNPA, any decent Porter and German Weiss. Any of those to treat myself. Anybody brew there own here? It's been awhile for me, but I do enjoy making my own.

My go to is Guinness Stout..."Nectar of the Gods"
However, last year, I took an Alaskan Cruise. It was either Ketchikan or Skagway where I was privileged to get some Micro brewery dark beer kind of like a stout in color and thickness that had spruce tips used in the brewing process....Man ! that was some fantastic stuff ! Can't get it now that I'm back in the lower 48...sigh.

Imerial reds: G'Knight (Oscar blues brewery)
Ipa: Stone Ipa or Ruination Ipa followed by Ranger, and Deschutes Ipa.
Imperial Ipa: Gubna (Oscar blues brewery)
Imperial stout: ten fiddy or titan
Reds: Fat tire when with my friends, with the ol'man killian's irish red.
Lagers: Boston lager, moosehead, foster's.
Brown ales: New Castle, Ellie's Brown ale.
Stouts: Out of bounds stout, guiness, Estes park brewing oatmeal stout.
Porter: Rogue mocha porter, Breckenridge vanilla porter
Black ales: New Belgium 1554 wins by a landslide
Dark lagers: Only ever had durango's dark lager
Trippel/Quadrupels: St. Bernardis
Pale ales: Denver pale ale, Sierra Nevada pale ale, Dales pale ale.
Scotch ale: Old chub but I'm not really a fan of scotch ales i think it's because I had a really bad tasting one once and it just left a lasting mental impression of them.
Saisons: Saison Dupont
Blonde ales: Ska Blonde ale
Pilsner: Sam Adams, Joes American Pilsner
Strong ales: Stone Arrogant Bastard English Strong Ale
Dry Hopped: Hazed and Infused,

Those are all I can think of for now. Have a lot more people to try out there and those are the best beers i've tried in their respective styles.

Now for going to a bar with my friends we usually get Stella, Newcastle, or PBR depending on what bar we went too. Since they are all easy drinking beers and mix pretty well with shots.

Tetleys or Boddingtons are the go-to ones, but I enjoy the hunt for local lesser seen beers. The latest was Muskoka Mad Tom IPA.

1. Usual go to is Blue Moon Beltian White
2 Guiness is always a favorite.

If I feel like the drive for local I can get either Salmon Fly Honey Rye or Black Ghost Oatmeal Stout from the Microbrew down the road. Nothing beats a fresh growler of either.

Can't pick one. Overall, I tend to like IPAs and Nut Brown Ales. However, if I had to pick only one beer, it would be Anchor Steam.

Best beer I've ever tasted was Manny's Pale Ale. Brewed at a microbrewery in Seattle and unfortunately they don't ship anywhere near me. If you're in the area enjoy one for me.

My favorite thing to do on Fridays is come home, kick my boots up, and enjoy a cold Shiner Bock.

I don't have a favorite as I like to explore. I only follow two "rules"....I lean toward dark beers and I won't do Miller products (this is a political stance on my part that I won't get into as this is not the proper forum for those discussions :thumbup1:)

The search thread tool tells me both my favorites have already been listed 5 or 10 times, but I'm going to list them again anyway because thats what these threads are all about...

All-Time: Belhaven scottish ale. Dark, nutty, smooth, rich, amazing. Incredible. Second to none.

Local: Anyone in Texas owes it to themselves to try the Saint Arnolds line out of Houston. They have about 10 or so different beers, some seasonal, but all very good. If you're in the area check out their brewery, tours are great fun! Only a few bucks ($7 maybe? No more than that for sure) to get in the door, and then you get 4 free samples (8oz) of anything they make. The owner (I think his name is brock) is a really cool guy and gives most of the tours himself. A great saturday afternoon event, but get there early because they can only fit so many and there is usually a line.

Guinness. Always has been always will be!
But othervise the Danish green Tuborg beer is a very nice beverage for those hot summerdays. After a lawnmover pass in the garden one of these taste fantastic.

Top Bottom