What's new

Face lathering, what's your favorite brush?

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I have a some brushes that I really enjoy and always look forward to using them for different face feels and are superb at generating lather, soft tips, scrubbing and lather painting. They are just luxury brushes for that makes you feel "OH YA" :001_wub:.
Yaqi 26mm evil zebra synthetic..........Yaqi 24mm Mysterious space silver tip badger............Yaqi 24mm Viper Boar
Yaqi #1 26mm evil zebra handle.(2).jpg
Yaqi mysterious space 24mm Silvertip badger.jpg
Yaqi #1 Viper 24mm boar brush (8).jpg

Have some great shaves!

I have several brushes. I'm not sure how I got them all. I have badger, pig, and synthetic. The one I reach for is a Yaqi Cola 22mm synthetic.

I love my Simpson Classic 2 & 1, and I love all my PAA brushes, but these days I can't get enough of my Simpson Chubby 2 Best. Very few brushes don't make a good face lather in my experience.

I alternate between my 2 Simpsons, a Duke 3 and a Commodore 2. I have a slight preference for the Duke. Thinking of getting a Shavemac 2 band though.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I just might have a new favorite in a week or two. I purchased a Semogue SOC Mistura and was most unhappy to find that the brush had scritch! There are not enough words in the language to describe how intensely I hate scritch.

But knowing how long it takes to fully break-in the SOC boar, I persevere with the hope that this will not become another scuttle brush. Not that another scuttle brush would be a terrible thing, but I already have plenty of those. And it is, indeed, getting less offensive by the week. I use it every other day and there is precious little scritch left. Fingers crossed that time will eliminate it totally. The backbone is perfect and the cherry handle is my favorite by a long shot.

I face lather exclusively. I’ve tried to bowl lather. I’ve got some nice bowls and longer brushes, however, my technique probably needs work and whatever I’ve got going on in the bowl just doesn’t compare in the least bit to a nice, scrubbing face lather on my thick facial hair.

Anyway, these two fellas are all I’ve needed for the past couple of years. I don’t think there’s any brushes that could cover any more ground for me unless I just get bored, which is why I’m posting for the first time in a year on a “Best face lather brush” thread.

Simpson Duke 2 Best
Semogue Hereditas 610

C4956D12-C561-49AE-BA97-641AA374E7FB.jpeg

I know this thread is almost a year old already (I previously posted on page 2 last February),
but I wanted a share another thought. My custom Rudy Vey Beehive with a Shavemac Finest
knot is an incredible face lathering brush. The perfect combination of soft tips, "just right" backbone,
sublime lather generating, and well balanced feel in my right hand ....... Ahhhhh, Wonderful !

IMG_3053.jpeg
IMG_3054D.jpeg

I have acquired some new brushes over the past year, and the synthetics are as nice for face lathering as my boars. I reckon currently still at no 1 my Omega 10019, but the FS Pur-Tech and Muhle STF M are about equal!

proxy.php

Shave stick & so a face latherer here...

Tatara Finest Badger is lovely - it's a Semogue made knot at 24mm x 50mm in a more fan than bulb shape - this is the as new look

Finest-Badger-Matte.jpg

Top Bottom