What's new

What was the first soap or cream that you finished off?

CO Bigalow for me. Followed by a puck of AoS.... Then SAD kicked in and I can't even ask for XMas stuff.... I have yet to finish last years gifts :|

I used to just use 1 puck of Col. Conks at a time. Fishing one then ordering a new one.

I went through a large puck of Almond, Bay Rum and Amber. Tried the Lime but wasn't too fond of it and then I tried some good tallow based soaps and I was off.

Palmolive stick, which I was using a few days at a time, alternating with Arko. The Palmolive is a bit smaller so I finished it first.

Aramis...then more Aramis...then more Aramis...then Old Spice...then more Aramis.
Next Williams, then more Aramis, then more Williams...then VDH. Other fine products are currently in use, but not fully depleted yet.

VDH Deluxe. It's one of the few products I have actually finished in two years.

In two years, I have finished off several pucks of VDH Deluxe, a small tube of C.O. Bigelow, a couple of tubes of Arko Shaving Cream, a Godrej Shaving Round, a puck of Vintage Williams, and a puck of Classic Shaving Rose (not as bad as it's generally reported to be).

I have also used up about six pucks of Modern Williams but not for shaving; I can't get anything approaching a usable lather from them, despite many many attempts. I buy a puck, fail at getting a good lather from it, and end up using it as a hand soap.

The first product I ever finished was a tube of Musgo Real. Since then I've finished a couple more tubes of that, a puck of Tabac, and the red tub of Cella, and a tube of Nomad.

Kiss My Face Lavender & Shea Moisture Shave, which I used before switching to DE. Good product at a great price.

I have yet to finish any of my soaps (MWF, PdP, Palmolive).

Two plus years into this and I haven't finished a soap or cream yet. A tube of Bigelow/Proraso is getting close though

This is an interesting thread! Nice to see what everyone started out with.

My first good lather came from Proraso and I think I ended up finishing that tube before anything else. After that I burned through a puck Col Conk Bay Rum soap - come to think of it, I should really get another one of those.

VDH Deluxe for me. I really didn't like it. I never got a good lather from it. However, it was my first, and I was using a VDH boar brush on it. I might give it a fair shake some time, now with a better brush and a knowledge about how to make a good lather. The only other thing I have used up is a puck of Tabac--just one, because they last so long. I am well into my second Tabac, but I also like to branch out more these days.

After buying & trying and selling & trading numerous soaps for the first couple of years of DE shaving, I finished several (five?) tubs of Proraso soap (four green and one white).

Thanks,
Mike

Last edited:
VDH deluxe is almost gone, and I started wet shaving back on July 31...3 months! Amazing for a $1.50 puck of soap!

I superlather with KMF cream though, it makes it just a bit better....

Top Bottom