What's new

If you could only keep 4 shaving soaps or creams

I thought of putting this under soap, then under cream, but ultimately, this is both, so I put it here.

If you were to whittle down your shaving soaps and creams to non-artisan stuff, what four would you keep?

For me, I think it would be:

Cella Red
Geo. F. Trumper Almond
La Toja Stick
Ach. Brito Lavanda

If push came to shove and I had to keep only one, I think Cella red would win, though La Toja stick would be close enough for me to struggle a bit.

O
I thought of putting this under soap, then under cream, but ultimately, this is both, so I put it here.

If you were to whittle down your shaving soaps and creams to non-artisan stuff, what four would you keep?

For me, I think it would be:

Cella Red
Geo. F. Trumper Almond
La Toja Stick
Ach. Brito Lavanda

If push came to shove and I had to keep only one, I think Cella red would win, though La Toja stick would be close enough for me to struggle a bit.
For me in this order.
1. Knightsbridge. Bay rum
2. Taylor of old Bond Street coconut
3. Proraso Blue
4. Barbersol classic in a can.
If Armageddon happened and push came to shove I would stick with tried and true Barbersol. That’s all I used for years before brushes and soaps became all hipster popular.

Last edited:
Fun question! I've been wet shaving for only about a year, so my exposure to soaps and creams is somewhat limited. However, my four would be:
  • TOBS - Jermyn Street
  • Murphy & McNeil - Granuaile
  • Chiseled Face - Cryogen
  • Proraso Green

Top Bottom