What's new

If you could only keep 4 shaving soaps or creams

Iridian

Cool and slimy
Cella and a gel... a huge bottle of what is basically glycerine and blue food color, seems to be immensely popular in Turkish barber shops. Sold under dozens of brand names.

My four:
1. Original Williams Mug shaving soap
2. Original Old Spice Cream
3. Any Noble Otter soap (my current favorite)
4. Stirling's Barbershop.

A few of mine are discontinued. Also borderline artisan. I rarely use anything else.
Czech & Speake Oxford & Cambridge in the old Valobra base. Failing that the also discontinued artisan Fine classic tallow Lavender Pour Homme. Martin de Candre Vetyver. They call that artisanal, but, it is pretty mainstream soap. Proraso Green or Red. Probably Green because I would miss it more if I could only pick one of them. Finally another borderline artisan Saponoficio Varesino Desert Vetiver. There just aren’t any mass market soaps or creams I will use so go play what if by yourselves. I have enough of my favorites to last me a couple years at least.

As of right now:
Stirling Executive Man
Canada Shave Soap
B&M Waves
Haslinger Schafmilch

We’ll see how that changes after I finally try a few more, really want to try Ethos Succès and SV Opuntia.

MdC Nature and Canada remain my top soaps. They're interchangeable far as I'm concerned.
Kaliflower Organics Citrus Cedar is right there with them. I'm not a cedar fan but this one's mild and lathers great.
I'm on the fence with Southern Witchcrafts Incorporeal. It doesn't pop for me but is still a good soap.
TBD: Not a soap, the Omega Via Barberia Herbae hard cream. On hand, I haven't gotten to it yet.

Top Bottom