What's new

What Scent Does Your Wife or GF Like on You?

My wife loves BR. So far Capt. Choice & Pinaud VIBR are the favorites.

Edit: She also likes the Veg.

She doesn't like: Clubman original, Clubman Special Reserve, Aqua Velva, Skin Bracer, probably a few more I'm forgetting.

Last edited:
Her favorite is the scent I wore on our first date 10 years ago. JPG le male. I've got other fragrances but that one still remains her favorite.

I only recently started wearing fragrances (at 44) and my wife said it took her some time to get used to me wearing anything.

She likes Guerlain Vetiver, Channel Allure Homme and Acqua Di Parma Colonia on me. She's also very turned off by anything "old man" smelling, which to her is any powder whatsoever.

I've been exploring a bunch of different choices. The only ones that get me any attention at home are sandalwood based.

Current favorite is DR Harris Sandalwood with Queen Charlotte Soap Esquire ASB. She also likes Proraso Red, but i'm trying to branch out.

Today my wife commented on Davidoff Cool Water, said it smelled nice.

I only recently started wearing fragrances (at 44) and my wife said it took her some time to get used to me wearing anything.

Same here, except I'm 59. A year ago I had one cologne and maybe three aftershaves. Now I have two dozen of each. Colognes are the latest addition. I don't think my wife favors the fall/winter profiles I've been buying. I like the woody/leathery/spicy scents. My wife likes spicy, but in lighter tones, mixed with citrus and floral.

I think the main problem with her liking what I put on is that she is smelling the scent soon after application, and not getting the full range of the fragrance that comes with dry down.

My wife is hard to please as she may tell me she likes what I'm wearing and then 2 weeks later she will make a face and tell me that she doesn't like it at all.

The only scents which are consistently praised are Green Irish Tweed by Creed, Aventus, and Tom Ford Grey Vetiver.

My beautiful 44 year old wife loves
AdP Oud
TdH parfum
Penhaligons Opus 1870

and recently, we have discovered Sartorial which is excellent and addictive.

I am having a bit of a challenge getting her to appreciate my original 1985 nos bottle of YSL Kouros, but the modern formulation has had better success.

She is on the fence about Rive Gauche, but likes it for the first hours before it dries down to a powdery scent.

My fiancée likes when I wear Nautica Voyage. She likes smelling my shirts after I've worn them and had Voyage on it. She also likes Pure Nautica Discovery.

Despite my wide range of scents at varying price points, the wife simply adores Old Spice.

St Johns Bay Rum is her second favorite.

My wife is 38. I have an extensive aftershave and smaller EDT collection. Several mid/ higher priced colognes. Of all of them she likes the Veg from my aftershave collection and vintage English Leather and Old spice colognes.

I recently got got a split of Knize Ten, which I love, but in a direct comparison she chose English Leather. Ha.

Regards

Being new to wearing scents for work, one of the first fragrances my wife said she really liked on me was Paco Rabanne's $1 Million Intense, which I spritzed myself with while in Sephora. Went back a day or two later and bought a bottle for myself.

Tim

Her all-time favorite is Domenico Caraceni 1913. Others she likes include Montale Patchouli Leaves and Creed Royal Mayfair.

My wife loves Rochas MAN EdT. She dislikes many of my favorites, and this is one of the few we both enjoy.

$delme.jpg

Aventus, Endymion, GFT Sandalwood and Jaipur Homme would be her preferences.

She really doesn't like Pashana, which I love.

GFT sandalwood and Jaipur homme have recently garnered unfavourable comments from female colleagues!

My wife says all my *7%6 smells the same.

The one exception is Aqua Velva. 30 years old and she chooses flippin' Aqua Velva of all things

Top Bottom