What's new

What is the mildest closed comb slant DE razor?

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
The X1 earned its way into my top 8 razors easily. It's a joy to use. Like the rest of them, it's a half a step more efficient than my first razor: the ESC/Alpha Shaving Claymore Evolution. It's a regular AC.. mild but efficient.

Parker Semi-Slant as a member already mentioned & the Rex Konsul at its lowest settings. Can't speak for anything more as I have not tried more slants to date. The Parker works very well for a smooth, mild yet nicely efficient working razor. The Konsul is definitely the best slant I've ever sampled. Even at its highest gap setting, it's still a very reasonably comfortable shaver. And down low it feels as if a blade is barely there but, it works.

Parker Semi-Slant as a member already mentioned & the Rex Konsul at its lowest settings. Can't speak for anything more as I have not tried more slants to date. The Parker works very well for a smooth, mild yet nicely efficient working razor. The Konsul is definitely the best slant I've ever sampled. Even at its highest gap setting, it's still a very reasonably comfortable shaver. And down low it feels as if a blade is barely there but, it works.
Thanks. I hadn't even considered that there are adjustable slants. Will check them out.

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
I'll agree that the iKon X3 is a mild slant. I found it so mild that I couldn't get a smooth shave with it. (shrug)

The Parker Semi-Slant is slightly less mild but also a closer shaver for me.

An adjustable slant makes sense, and the Rex Konsul is a great one.

O.H.

This photo dates from March 18, 2023, the day of unboxing.

This razor is in my rotation and it's the smoothest slant razor available.

I have a sensitive skin, a pass WTG, only CCS, no irritations, cuts and redness.

I've been shaving my head with two pass WTG and ATG since 1 week now, I have no skin problems, no pressure is the key to success.

DSC00240.JPG

I keep meaning to try my 37C... but I have found, the ATT S1 DE slant to be very mild and easy to use. I know they are out of business, but since it's a mild razor, I'll bet someone has one they wouldn't mind letting go because they prefer a more efficient razor.
An S1 can be made more efficient by substituting the aluminum S1
baseplate for the stainless steel one. I prefer the full stainless steel version for its smoothness, but there is a cost in efficiency.

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
Have you (or anyone else) compared the Konsul on its mildest setting with an ATT S1?

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
Unfortunately, I have not sampled an ATT S1. However, the Konsul on setting 1 to me had the feel of a Tech, maybe a tad bit milder with hardly any blade feel whatsoever.

Hopefully, someone with actual experience with the two razors will chime in.

Happy shaves…. :straight:
The Tech comparison is quite relatable. I love very mild razors with nice, sharp blades. For a few years I have been in a committed relationship with an ATT Windsor with a mild copper plate, but I am very interested in trying a slant. Despite its price, the Konsul looks like a safe bet. Plus, now and then I have, and enjoy, a very leisurely shave with a more aggressive plate. It has been ages since I used an adjustable, but I found them fun, like having a bunch of razors.

Top Bottom