What's new

What is the mildest closed comb slant DE razor?

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Gillette super speeds are mild and I enjoy using them once in a while + another mild razor is the Yaqi Zephier head. Very nice razors if you like a fast DFS IMO. Some folks do not like used gear for what ever reason so the Zephier razor head I have used from new.
(old archived photo of the the Yaqi Zephier razor head.)
SOTD May June 6 2023.jpg

Have some great shaves!

What is the mildest closed combed DE razor? (Bonus question: is it as mild or milder than the Henson AL-13 Mild?)
You already know my answer here: the iKon X3. It is a bit milder, in my experience, than the Parker semi-slant, which I also find a very comfortable shaver. I would also mention the iKon 102, which is a tilted-head style slant (as opposed to the torqued head of the X3, and most others). The 102 is also a very comfortable shaver (mild, if you want), quite similar to the X3 in terms of blade feel and overall performance. Unfortunately, I believe the 102 is no longer in production, so you'd have to find it on the secondary market.

I can't directly answer the bonus question regarding the comparison with the Henson AL-13 Mild, as I haven't tried it. I do have the AL-13 medium, which I love. I would say the X3 is quite similar in terms of "mildness" to the AL-13 medium, though I think the AL-13 is probably gives an easier, no-brainer shave.

Ron R

What is the mildest closed comb slant DE razor?​

I should of read your Question a little closer, I have a Yaqi Slope torsional type slant with a solid safety bar(Closed comb slant razors are very rare) and it is a nice milder shaver. It is well made of 316 SS and machining accuracy and finish are great . I like using it often and use a Kai SS extra wide blade in it usually.
Razorock just came out with their super slant razor and some of their super slant model heads have different aggressions, some of the fellows on that thread should be able to help you or talk to Italian barber who make Razorock razors.
(Some old archive photo's, click photo to enlarge)
Yaqi Slant 316 stainless 2023 model.jpg
Yaqi #1 SLOPE SLANT, Camera photo 2.3.jpg

Have some great shaves!

You already know my answer here: the iKon X3. It is a bit milder, in my experience, than the Parker semi-slant, which I also find a very comfortable shaver. I would also mention the iKon 102, which is a tilted-head style slant (as opposed to the torqued head of the X3, and most others). The 102 is also a very comfortable shaver (mild, if you want), quite similar to the X3 in terms of blade feel and overall performance. Unfortunately, I believe the 102 is no longer in production, so you'd have to find it on the secondary market.

I can't directly answer the bonus question regarding the comparison with the Henson AL-13 Mild, as I haven't tried it. I do have the AL-13 medium, which I love. I would say the X3 is quite similar in terms of "mildness" to the AL-13 medium, though I think the AL-13 is probably gives an easier, no-brainer shave.
Thanks, Spang. Good to know too about the similarity between the X3 and the Henson medium. Appreciate it.

What is the mildest closed comb slant DE razor?​

I should of read your Question a little closer, I have a Yaqi Slope torsional type slant with a solid safety bar(Closed comb slant razors are very rare) and it is a nice milder shaver. It is well made of 316 SS and machining accuracy and finish are great . I like using it often and use a Kai SS extra wide blade in it usually.
Razorock just came out with their super slant razor and some of their super slant model heads have different aggressions, some of the fellows on that thread should be able to help you or talk to Italian barber who make Razorock razors.
(Some old archive photo's, click photo to enlarge)
View attachment 1696141View attachment 1696145
Have some great shaves!
Thanks, Ron. The Slope is interesting but remember the thread is about "the mildest" closed comb slants. From what others have been saying, it seems like the Ikon X3 and Fatip closed comb slants are among the mildest. How do you think the Slope figures in terms of mildness?

Didn't you already post a similar question?

Didn't you already post a similar question?

Similar yes but different.

Ron R

The only closed comb slant I found was the Fatip slant and it is a mild razor according to Fatip.
A lot of slants have a scalloped or slightly nibbed safety bar(closed comb?) like a Merkur 37c & 39C and lots of folks enjoy them and they are not aggressive from my understanding. I have a RR 37 German slant and it's a tame mid range and the Merkur slant are milder than the RR German 37 slant from my limited research.
I think you would be looking for a Merkur 37c or 39c slant because they are mild, I hope this helps.
(photo below is a Fatip Lo Sort slant closed comb)
1691079550914.png

Have some great shaves!

Last edited:

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I keep meaning to try my 37C... but I have found, the ATT S1 DE slant to be very mild and easy to use. I know they are out of business, but since it's a mild razor, I'll bet someone has one they wouldn't mind letting go because they prefer a more efficient razor.

I keep meaning to try my 37C... but I have found, the ATT S1 DE slant to be very mild and easy to use. I know they are out of business, but since it's a mild razor, I'll bet someone has one they wouldn't mind letting go because they prefer a more efficient razor.
That would use AC blades, right?

Top Bottom