What's new

What are you unpacking/ opening today, show pics or video, we love pics

Rudy Vey flat top with a Shavemac 20/40 knot.
IMG_4745.jpg

Never smelled that one. Is it kind of Quorum Lite for the hot season?
It's really nothing similar to original Quorum. It's a spicy earthy woody cedar, but not heavy. It kinda reminded me of another quite woody scent, Encre Noir, just cedar instead of cypress, and brighter, spicier and sweeter. I can get cinnamon, ginger and cardamon notes.

Trade Winds.jpg

Good evening. As weather is rapidly warming here in southern SC (around 80 today, had a beach day) I inevitably, every year, crave rum. This is very short lived, and happens like clockwork every year. I do not even recall how I stumbled on this brand of soap, but I perused their site and the graphics and scent notes of this one really got my attention. I pulled the trigger ordering it, expecting a bay rum, just maybe a little more refined: "Scent notes… Caribbean Bay Leaf, warm Tobacco, Cedarwood, a touch of Bergamot, and a zap of Key Lime"

It arrived today. First, the actual packaging, which I did not photograph, was awesome. hand written note on the invoice, nice wrapping paper on everything, just very well presented. free sticker, bath soap sample, and shave soap sample. I was very excited about the bath soap sample, called Astoria, as it was tied in 2nd place with trade winds for my order. it is a very bright, clean, fresh smell, akin to being in a pine forest on a cool, damp, foggy morning. The shave soap sample is Amaretto, and the size is quite generous. Guys the scent on this is positively killer.

Back to the purpose of this review. trade winds is not a slap you in the face bay rum as I had expected. it is however more of a refined scent which I was after! it is light, refreshing and delightful. I have of late really been growing tired of the very strong, cologne type soaps/splashes so this was truly a very welcome addition to my den. I cannot wait to use it tomorrow w/ my new Rockwell 6S which also arrived today. Off to go make a dark and stormy.

Hello!
How do you find the performance of YAQI Ghost? How does it compare to other razors with a similar gap, eg the Lupo 72 or the Game Changer 68? Same level as, more, effective, or less effective?
Greetings!
It is a smooth and efficient razor. I only have the aluminum Lupo which is also smooth and efficient.
I can do a comparison shave and give you more accurate details if you want?

View attachment 1813597
Good evening. As weather is rapidly warming here in southern SC (around 80 today, had a beach day) I inevitably, every year, crave rum. This is very short lived, and happens like clockwork every year. I do not even recall how I stumbled on this brand of soap, but I perused their site and the graphics and scent notes of this one really got my attention. I pulled the trigger ordering it, expecting a bay rum, just maybe a little more refined: "Scent notes… Caribbean Bay Leaf, warm Tobacco, Cedarwood, a touch of Bergamot, and a zap of Key Lime"

It arrived today. First, the actual packaging, which I did not photograph, was awesome. hand written note on the invoice, nice wrapping paper on everything, just very well presented. free sticker, bath soap sample, and shave soap sample. I was very excited about the bath soap sample, called Astoria, as it was tied in 2nd place with trade winds for my order. it is a very bright, clean, fresh smell, akin to being in a pine forest on a cool, damp, foggy morning. The shave soap sample is Amaretto, and the size is quite generous. Guys the scent on this is positively killer.

Back to the purpose of this review. trade winds is not a slap you in the face bay rum as I had expected. it is however more of a refined scent which I was after! it is light, refreshing and delightful. I have of late really been growing tired of the very strong, cologne type soaps/splashes so this was truly a very welcome addition to my den. I cannot wait to use it tomorrow w/ my new Rockwell 6S which also arrived today. Off to go make a dark and stormy.
Nice. I'm not to far from you, I'm up here in Southern Virginia.

It is a smooth and efficient razor. I only have the aluminum Lupo which is also smooth and efficient.
I can do a comparison shave and give you more accurate details if you want?
Thanks for the suggestion! I haven't tried the aluminum version of Lupo so that won't help.
Are you getting full BBS with the YAQI Ghost, or is it too soft?

Purchased today at Central Market Plano, Texas
1710787950428.jpeg

Granted I am in GRUME for March, but I am having surgery (hip replacement) on the 27th. I won't be able to drive for 2 to 3 weeks following the surgery. If I out of Noble Otter RAWR in early April, I picked up some soap and deodorant so the LOTH won't have to drive me 20+ miles one-way to get replacements.

Top Bottom