What's new

ADJUSTABLE APRIL 2024

Well, my Ti Osprey came in in April, and I have been using it exclusively since. I started out on setting 2, and have been bumping it up about every five days or so. I am now at level six, and am getting very nice shaves. There is now some blade feel, but not excessively so. I think my adjustment to the razor is improving as well. My atg passes are getting more efficient, and I have almost no alum sting. Looks like I may need to do a den-clearing sale soon.
Jack

D-3 Executive Fatboy / Kai / RR 400 SE / Brito lime / Chiseled Face Gemutlichkeit / Aqua Velva
20240426_151033.jpg

Might as well cross post here for a day. I may use my Super 84 next week Monday.
Preshave shower and soak with St Johns Vetiver Bar Soap
Brush Shavemac 24 mm bulb two band silvertip DO1 in Copper Canyon
Soap Czech & Speake Oxford & Cambridge made by Valobra
Razor Fatboy settings 9, 7, and 5 W, X, and A the grain respectively
Blade Gillette Super Stainless The Spoiler F4 Unsure of the date 1985 maybe made in the USA (12)
splash Czech & Speake Oxford & Cambridge
Frag Czech & Speake Oxford & Cambridge
DFS 9.8 no blood or drama. Minimal alum feedback and the splash went on great.

Three shaves this week. For once I have met my goal. We will see how the weekend pans out. I would like to use my RFB Rotbart Mond Extra and my first gen OC British Aristocrat Vintage April. Both excellent shavers when dealing with a couple days growth. Today is Fatboy Friday so that is what I used starting high and adjusting down for each pass.
Here it is freshly tuned up and Shined by Back Roads Gold.
IMG_20220106_112313.jpg

Adjustable April 24 - Shave 27

Merkur Progress 830
Gillette Spoiler
Rubberset 400 with a Synthetic Badger
River Valley Trading - Yuka Lyptik
Master Soap Creations - Allura Splash

This Progress came in a cardboard box, so it's the 830 version and dates back to the mid to late 1950's.

Its a "Top Dial" with the whole handle been the adjuster knob. It shaves like a Progress but I personally find the balance and weight slightly off.

sotd240527.jpg

What are those Wizamets like? I've been pondering a purchase once or twice, but the head looks so similar to a SA109 or any Gillette SA head that I'm not sure they'd be different enough?

I can't answer precisely since my specimen although bought NOS is manufactured in November 1989 (one of the last years) when quality went downhill. So mine has more gap on one side. Still, I think on the highest setting it has a bit more gap than the Super Adjustable @9. Take this with a grain of salt since different batches of Wizamet models have different gaps and exposure. I can vouch for that with the Senior and the Junior models. Especially with the Junior I have 5 of 6 of them and some are very mild, some slightly aggressive. One Senior is super mild the other more toward the medium aggressiveness.

AA ‘24

The Parker adjustable is not the best single edge or the best adjustable made but, it delivers very smooth and uber comfortable shaves. Not looking for a super skin tight shave that leaves your skin feeling like a baby’s bottom on a fresh diaper change with some fresh baby powder? The Parker gives respectable and for me DFS results everytime. And with the added benefit that one can practically race around one’s face without a though and get decent results, especially if you’re pressed for time. I would like to add that all this is possible because I believe the best injector blade ever made (and maybe the best blade of all time?), the Schick Injector Twin II is a superb performer with longevity that is through the roof in performance/durability criteria. I still have the first set installed in the Parker and these twin bonded blades have given me well over 30 shaves and still show not a single sign of dullness nor any tugging at anytime anywhere on my skin. Phenomenal blade that works extremely well in the Parker. Ethos Colonia & ADP Colonia to end the process. Nuff said.

Great shaves to all…

07A6EFBF-4C07-4B45-8460-3B1C47A9229C.jpeg

Top Bottom