What's new

Toy or Serious Brush: A Consideration of the Wee Scot

well because of this thread i ordered my wee scott. it arrived today so I will will post what i think about it in the near future.

Same Here! I actually saw it in a youtube video and was really impressed. I mainly use all boars but this one kept screaming "buy me! buy me!". I can now say that I've gotten enough shaving items, I don't feel like purchasing anything else. The Simpson Wee Scot was like icing on top of the cake as my last purchase for a while! I really cannot wait to try it out with Muhle R41!

You know I also just realized that this the perfect brush for trying out shaving cream samples lol!

Have a good day to all!

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Thanks guys, I'm now 41 bucks poorer and one brush richer. :001_rolle

Can't wait to try it out.

Thanks guys, I'm now 41 bucks poorer and one brush richer. :001_rolle

Can't wait to try it out.

you wont regret it.. If I had to choose only one brush to keep I would pick the wee scott. Now I only have 4 brushes but out of all the brushes I have tried I like it the most

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
I've only used my Scot once, it didn't shed a hair, but it could be that the hairs are so small I missed it:001_smile

I think I'll use it today. With Cella.

Exactly what I did. The Scot w/Cella. The only problem is loading enough soap for a good lather. Kept having to reload, but I can't say it was a REAL problem. I think it would work nicely for travel, with the Cella in a shave stick, which is how I have it. I'd have to get into face lathering to make it work just right.

With that, the Wee Scot takes a small (pun intended) step up from my original assessment as serious toy brush to serious brush (that looks like a toy). No way is it going on bst.

Last edited:

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Well just opened her up, and boy, she is a wee one ain't she? Its almost jaw dropping small. I even checked the box to see if it was labeled "nano" lol. I have faith in it Brothers, it's just that, it's, it's, so small.:001_tongu. The whole thing fits inside my regular sized coffee cup.

Shave test coming up.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
It's nice...holds less water than I'm accustomed to so had a rough first pass with dry lather...after that no prob. It's also more scritchy than I like, but i put it through the all night later technique so I'll see tonite. It she's about 5 hairs on me, but I'm a unabashed brush-smasher-into-the-face type so it's expected...use it like ya stole it:lol:

All in all I'm glad I got it.

Does it shed any hairs w/ initial use? Its already so small i'm scared that won't be any left lol?

Don't worry about losing hairs. The Wee Scot is very dense. I haven't lost one yet, but I've only put it through the paces once. I have a Chubby 2 Best and we all know it's as dense as they come, but the Wee Scot feels just as dense on the face (albeit way smaller) and looks just as dense IMO. I have comparison shots of the Wee Scot and Chubby 2 Best in my post here: http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=208075

Yeah! I haven't lost any hairs and it is seriously a serious brush. As small as it is this thing lathers like a monster. Although I used primarily boars, I think my face needs to get used to badger b/c my face seems to be getting a few more bumps here and there, but it could be my lather!

Don't worry about losing hairs. The Wee Scot is very dense. I haven't lost one yet, but I've only put it through the paces once. I have a Chubby 2 Best and we all know it's as dense as they come, but the Wee Scot feels just as dense on the face (albeit way smaller) and looks just as dense IMO. I have comparison shots of the Wee Scot and Chubby 2 Best in my post here: http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=208075

Could someone maybe do a short video holding/manipulating it compared to a few other of the popular simpson brushes?

I'd really just like to see the nitty gritty of it!

i noticed on my return home, i was missing the W.S. from my brush "holding area" and figured it had just slipped out of view. couldn't find and finally asked my 5 yo if she knew what happened to it... a ear to ear grin from her and I knew that she just loves this brush too.

Could someone maybe do a short video holding/manipulating it compared to a few other of the popular simpson brushes?

I'd really just like to see the nitty gritty of it!

I'm not around fast internet at the moment, but I can post a video comparing it to the Chubby 2 Best when I get back home, if you'd like. Anything specific you'd like to see other than the Chubby 2 comparison? I don't have any other Simpsons, unfortunately.

I mostly just want to see it, how dense the bristles are, and see it in action next to something else. Being that it's so unique, it's hard to visualize exactly how it is haha.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
i noticed on my return home, i was missing the W.S. from my brush "holding area" and figured it had just slipped out of view. couldn't find and finally asked my 5 yo if she knew what happened to it... a ear to ear grin from her and I knew that she just loves this brush too.

You must have a veritable "forest" of brushes for you to spend time looking for it LOL...got a pic?

I mostly just want to see it, how dense the bristles are, and see it in action next to something else. Being that it's so unique, it's hard to visualize exactly how it is haha.

I'll do my best to get a video made this weekend and post it here for you to see. :thumbup1:

Top Bottom