What's new

About Brush Cleaning and it's downfalls...

That's not at all true. Water evaporates in whatever direction is energetically favorable for those conditions. Don't claim "science" when that is not true.
Haven't found the academic article I am think of but did stumble on this. Item 2 discuss it at length.

" You can see this in action if you have two cups (or baby bottles). Turn them upside down to drain out the water. Then leave one upside down and the other right side up. The one that allows water to escape upwards will dry faster."

FYI, I was a physics, chemistry, computer science triple major as an undergraduate, I do not claim science flippantly.

Last edited:
That's not at all true. Water evaporates in whatever direction is energetically favorable for those conditions. Don't claim "science" when that is not true.
Here is the article I was thinking of. Old age memory issue (and several thousnad articles in EndNote). It's actually an instructor's tutorial on the water cycle.

Here is the article I was thinking of. Old age memory issue (and several thousnad articles in EndNote). It's actually an instructor's tutorial on the water cycle.

I'm sorry—I overreacted to being told I wasn't being scientific. There truly is much overuse of "science," and one should not overreact when someone challenges you. More people need to challenge statements of "fact," and should be encouraged. But try and do it nicer next time. (Are you sure about that? That's not how I understand it, etc.)

I have a bazillion shave brushes. Half of them are in a drawer. The other half (+/-) are standing brush up on my bathroom counter. I have always put my brushes sitting up on their bases. Years and years of doing so. They seem to still be alive and breathing! Like someone mentioned previously, why do the brush handles have flat bottoms? :c9:

I'm sorry—I overreacted to being told I wasn't being scientific. There truly is much overuse of "science," and one should not overreact when someone challenges you. More people need to challenge statements of "fact," and should be encouraged. But try and do it nicer next time. (Are you sure about that? That's not how I understand it, etc.)

I completely agree with you. I am a scientist and you are absolutely right in that science has been misunderstood and misapplied so much lately.

I completely agree with you. I am a scientist and you are absolutely right in that science has been misunderstood and misapplied so much lately.
My doctorate is in business that some might argue is not science. However my research is in systems (general not computer) and application to organizations and markets, so I am close to being a scientist. 👨‍🔬

Top Bottom