What's new

Timeless Titanium, Stainless, Bronze, or Aluminum

So my fellow Wet Shavers I decided to actually go with the Aluminum.45 Timeless. I ordered it and it should be here on Thursday.

I really wanted to try a Timeless out before spending in the $200+ range for a Ti or SS version and had been hearing great things about the Aluminum and thought it would be a great entry level razor into the Timeless family.

If the light weight Aluminum works well for me I am still looking to dive into a Titanium version as that would be slightly heavier.

I’ll definitely keep you posted on my shaves. Thanks again and am looking to finally trying a Timeless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So my fellow Wet Shavers I decided to actually go with the Aluminum.45 Timeless. I ordered it and it should be here on Thursday.

I really wanted to try a Timeless out before spending in the $200+ range for a Ti or SS version and had been hearing great things about the Aluminum and thought it would be a great entry level razor into the Timeless family.

If the light weight Aluminum works well for me I am still looking to dive into a Titanium version as that would be slightly heavier.

I’ll definitely keep you posted on my shaves. Thanks again and am looking to finally trying a Timeless.

Just be aware that while it has smaller gap than .68 it's a little more aggressive than .68 despite being lighter.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Imho, anyone considering buying a Timeless razor ought to read this thread:

Timeless Razor Review: Stainless Steel .95, Titanium .95, Titanium .68 Head to Head

For me, it leaves no uncertainty in which one is right for me, should I decide I want to pull the trigger on one. Upon seeing a scalloped top cap and base SS razor, i swore that was the one for me should I ever buy a timeless. However, after reading the above thread, I now know a Polished Titanium .95 SB, baby is right for me. Well that and these pics. Lol

Just be aware that while it has smaller gap than .68 it's a little more aggressive than .68 despite being lighter.

Great to know and that could be really ideal for my myself. I do prefer slightly more aggressive razors and that middle point between the .68 and .95 will be welcoming.

I’ll definitely follow with post shave update after a few shaves.

Can’t wait to see the beauty tomorrow!

Congrats on the new Timeless but you should keep in mind that the Aluminum version shaves more like the Bronze than SS or Ti models...

Congrats on the new Timeless but you should keep in mind that the Aluminum version shaves more like the Bronze than SS or Ti models...

Yeah I believe the geometry of the head design is like the Bronze so would you say the Aluminum version even though .45 is more aggressive shave than the Ti or SS .95 version ?

I really like the head design of the Ti and SS but it’s just a bit too much for me at the moment to spend and the Aluminum Razor seems like it’s a no brainer at that price point to try a Timeless.

Hoping it provides me smooth efficient shaves.

That is beautiful trio!
Dittos. They are not mine, unfortunately.

I was looking to get a "scratch n dent/ returned" Titanium .95 SB from timeless- $175, only. I querried matt on whether they could polish one up for me. He replied in the negative since they were all bead blasted already.

But in my scouring of timeless razor threads, i saw those pics. They convinced me if i was ever gonna shell out the big bucks on a timeless, then for sure I ought to go the full mile, and get a polished one.

i have a polished Ti .95 and it stopped me from buying razors. I did, however swap the handle for a razorock barber pole i had in the house. i found the handle on the Ti a bit too slippery when wet and the barberpole is super for that.

Yeah I believe the geometry of the head design is like the Bronze so would you say the Aluminum version even though .45 is more aggressive shave than the Ti or SS .95 version ?

I really like the head design of the Ti and SS but it’s just a bit too much for me at the moment to spend and the Aluminum Razor seems like it’s a no brainer at that price point to try a Timeless.

Hoping it provides me smooth efficient shaves.

I find the Aluminum to be in between the .68 Titanium Smooth and the .95OC in both the aggressiveness and smoothness. I do prefer the Titanium .95OC but the Aluminum is a close second. For 75 bucks it's a deal. I have the Bronze Smooth and it is nice but too heavy for my sensitive skin but is great for head shaves. I am more than totally happy with my Timeless purchases. Note in the picture the head of the Titanium .95OC is different. Not interested in buying anything else. I also have a Gillette Fatboy I enjoy as well.
20190809_105848.jpg

Graydog

Biblical Innards
Dittos. They are not mine, unfortunately.

I was looking to get a "scratch n dent/ returned" Titanium .95 SB from timeless- $175, only. I querried matt on whether they could polish one up for me. He replied in the negative since they were all bead blasted already.

But in my scouring of timeless razor threads, i saw those pics. They convinced me if i was ever gonna shell out the big bucks on a timeless, then for sure I ought to go the full mile, and get a polished one.
I bought my matte finish Ti from the SD and was able to polish it up really nice
00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190825154315618_COVER.jpg

Graydog

Biblical Innards
You did a nice polishing job, very shiny. Did you use different grits of sand paper for that, because that's how I did a Rockwell 6S? It's time consuming.
I used no sandpaper , what I used was Flitz and McGuire's fine scratch remover/ polish and my buffing wheel. @Hannah's Dad used Mass and a few old tee-shirt s and his turned out great too. I did the same thing with my Karve Brass Razors
00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190831134820712_COVER.jpg

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
That’s right. Here’s my matte Ti .95 with a replacement Ti handle. This took several hours ... and a couple of old t-shirts.
7FE7584F-4127-4F01-A26A-0CA0E27D8E6E.jpeg

I used no sandpaper , what I used was Flitz and McGuire's fine scratch remover/ polish and my buffing wheel. @Hannah's Dad used Mass and a few old tee-shirt s and his turned out great too. I did the same thing with my Karve Brass RazorsView attachment 1016184
That Karve is very shiny. Thanks for the info, and that sounds about better than the sandpaper bit, 'cause it was a pain. I had to buy several extra packs of sandpaper just to get what I needed. I guess I've got a stick of sandpaper for any repainting projects though. Thanks for that info.

Top Bottom