What's new

Timeless Aluminum vs Bronze .38 or .78

Seems they are identical except for the gap, the bronze comes in .38 SB and .78 OC, the Al version somewhere closer to the .38 in between. I only just now realized that the aluminum version has a .45 gap.

I find the Lupo .95 OC a lot more forgiving and easygoing than the Timeless .78 OC, though. Seems you are less afraid of a lot of blade than me, that you find the Lupo harsh in comparison doesn't quite make sense for me. But don't worry, how I shave and how others shave, it rarely goes together. I just say lots of people shaving STEEP with the Blackbird, which I somehow cannot fathom... they still do it! :)

Many great shaves, after a suitable time period make sure to check back to buy another Timeless or other razor flaunted here! Though I must say, while I like the Timeless Slim .5 OC quite a bit more than the Bronze, it is probably the prettiest razor made by Timeless. I also like the spiral handle a lot, but only the Ti versions otherwise have it.
The Smile Bayonetta brass razor has caught my eye. It is very affordable at $59. Waiting for more reviews

The Bronze .78 is quite aggressive shaving, and far from smooth feeling. I bought one a couple years ago, and ultimately returned it. Their .95OC is actually a heck of a lot smoother feeling, and for me also gave a closer shave, all without the blood letting.

My current go to shaver list is Muhle R41, Rex Ambassador, and Timeless 95 OC. All three of those are buttery smooth and easier to shave with than the .78 Bronze I had.

Iridian

Cool and slimy
My current go to shaver list is Muhle R41, Rex Ambassador, and Timeless 95 OC. All three of those are buttery smooth and easier to shave with than the .78 Bronze I had.
Timeless did a marvelous thing with the bent OC teeth, my only gripe with the Slim is that I cannot run a q-tip through the row as with the .95 OC.
The beauty with Timeless is that they offer quite a selection of head geometries and types of safety bar. And I like their scalloped caps and OC design the most.

The Bronze .78 is quite aggressive shaving, and far from smooth feeling. I bought one a couple years ago, and ultimately returned it. Their .95OC is actually a heck of a lot smoother feeling, and for me also gave a closer shave, all without the blood letting.

My limited experience says otherwise. Your experience is certainly valid however not necessarily universal. Quality of lather, blade selection, proper preparation, and technique play a major role in the shave experience. If I paid attention to most of the comments about this razor I would never have bought it. I evaluate a razor based on a combination of variables including comfort, ease of use, efficiency, and overall shave quality. I am hoping the .78 will turn out as I expected.

The Smile Bayonetta brass razor has caught my eye. It is very affordable at $59. Waiting for more reviews
That's a razor which is intuitive and easy to use for me. Same goes for the Lupo .95 OC. Even the Lupo 1.27 SB feels easier on my skin and offers shaves free of weepers. None of these attributes come to (my) mind with the Bronze .78 OC...

But hey, it's great that you're enjoying yours. I'm delighted I don't have to be the guy here who writes "we told you so". 🤣

Enjoy your shaves!

So to all of you naysayers with what you think are better options than the Timeless Bronze Open Comb .78 I say please enjoy your shaves.

Top Bottom