What's new

Talk to me about the Timeless .38 Bronze

Screenshot_20240412_170303_Gallery.jpg

Wow...95 bucks?...yes, please.

Simply stunning.

Iridian

Cool and slimy
Hmm how did I get the idea you wanted the .78. I was a bit worried that it would be harsher than your preference.

Enjoy your shave, with the SB you have less teeth to dry to keep it shiny! 😀✌️

Well, the verdict is in:

I find this razor guilty...of being exactly what I had hoped for. 😄

A bit of blade feel, 90% as smooth as my 68SCL with a bump in efficiency, and what a beauty. So nice that I did something I never do after a shave: disassembled, rinsed, and towel-dried each piece....I just can't let it tarnish up, yet.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Well, the verdict is in:

A bit of blade feel, 90% as smooth as my 68SCL with a bump in efficiency, and what a beauty. So nice that I did something I never do after a shave: disassembled, rinsed, and towel-dried each piece....I just can't let it tarnish up, yet.
Flitz polish and an old t-shirt are all you need to keep the bronze shiny as new. Congrats on your new razor!

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
Well, the verdict is in:

You're going to love it. Sometimes I just gaze at mine fondly. Congrats on the new addition to your den.

mcee_sharp

MCEAPWINMOLQOVTIAAWHAMARTHAEHOAIDIAMRHDAE
Well, the verdict is in:

Excellent! I've never used a Timeless but they sure do seem to deliver much more efficiency than the specs often indicate and do so while looking great.

I had the Timeless bronze 0.38 slated for several shaves but it got bumped when the two SS Timeless razors were delivered... a human error got me a 0.68 SCL (scalloped) base plate and Timeless graciously told me to keep the scalloped base plate and immediately sent me an OC base plate. I ended up adding a second scalloped cap, so I now have two complete 0.68 SS Timeless razors with Ti Crown handles.

I have to say.... for me, the 0.68 is the perfect gap with either base plate. I did back to back shaves with them. The OC might be a tad more efficient and just a bit smoother, oddly enough. I had great shaves with them both so perhaps I'm imagining it. I need a few more shaves with the scalloped base as I've only used it once. I've had several great shaves with the 0.68OC, though several of those were with the titanium model.

I'll use the bronze 0.38 next and let you know how all three compare for me. We do have a few razors in common, but I think you need a little more efficiency than I do.
I'd be still interested in reading your thoughts on this comparison, Kim!
In particular: Bronze .38 vs .68 OC 😀

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I'd be still interested in reading your thoughts on this comparison, Kim!
In particular: Bronze .38 vs .68 OC 😀
I’m working right now on getting the right balance for my 0.68OC. I have parts on the way so I’ll be able to try all the Ti and SS combinations. I should be getting another hollow bronze Wolfman Handle in a few weeks, but I already have the 0.38 bronze on the Darwin handle to see how that balance feels. And I do have a hollow bronze Wolfman now and will try that too.

I’ll keep you informed on the progress.

Well, the verdict is in:

Since you and I both like the RR Game Changer 68P & 76P, how would you campare it to them? I'm especially interested in how they compare in terms of blade feel.

Since you and I both like the RR Game Changer 68P & 76P, how would you campare it to them? I'm especially interested in how they compare in terms of blade feel.

The 68P is the mildest of the three, and has a "positive" blade exposure as described by Razorock, as does the 76P. Im not sure if "positive" means "the same" but I'm assuming the only difference is the blade gap. Also, it has been a while since I've used the 76P...

...so, from memory, I'm going to say that the Timesless has the slightest bit more blade feel, though seems a smoother shaver.

Top Bottom