What's new

Timeless Titanium, Stainless, Bronze, or Aluminum

Really want to go with a Timeless for my next razor of choice. I hear nothing but great things on the smoothness a Timeless provides.

Wanted to see if anyone who has used a Timeless can provide me their feedback on which option they would recommend I should go with and with what base plate and top cap.

I would say I have a coarse beard with medium to heavy growth. I shave every three to four days as I have sensitive skin around my neck areas and shaving daily or every other day would be to aggressive for my skin.

I have been hearing how effortless a Timeless shave can be and how efficient and smooth the end result is.

My fellow wet shaving Timeless brothers can you advise a soon to be Timeless member on which razor build to go with.

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I've just gone down the Timeless path. I knew for a long time that I would have one some day, and recently bought #dragonsbeard dual comb SS .95 on the bst. No regrets. I immediately felt like it could be my only razor. Its easily as good as my Raw, CG, and Karve brass. I'm personally not interested in the timeless bronze, as I really like the design of the SS and titanium.

Ti and SS have the same head design just different material. Ti is a little lighter and has softer face feel. I have sensitive skin and very happy with the Titanium SB. I also have scalloped SS baseplate and tried it a few times with mixed results so need to try more shaves before I decide if I want to keep it. If you shave every 3 or more days you might consider OC instead SB but my experience with different OC razors, modern and vintage, told me that they didn't work for me

I like lighter razors, they work best for my skin. Love the Titanium .95OC. Every 2-3 days face and head shaves. My go to razor. I have the new Aluminum as well. Less aggressive than the .95OC but slightly more aggressive than the .68 smooth. I like it, hope they make an OC plate for it soon. The Bronze. 38 is also good but too heavy for my needs.

I own and enjoy all 3 razors you are asking about.

I shave 6 times per week. I have a medium beard. I do 2 1/2 N-S passes on each shave. That means I do 2 full passes and 1/2 pass below my jaw on my neck. No buffing, J-hooking or other clean up.

I own Timeless stainless steel .68 solid bar (3 of these actually), bronze .38 sb, and titanium .68 sb. All have scalloped top caps. I also own a Timeless aluminum, but you didn't inquire about that. 6 Timeless razors total; I love this brand. I also own 2 Blackland, 2 Charcoal Goods, and 1 Karve brass. All my other razors (modern and vintage) have been pif'd. These are all desert island razors.

I prefer my Timeless razors. They are beautiful works of craftsmanship. Any 1 of them will last a lifetime.

Back to your question. Any 1 of my stainless, bronze, or titanium razors gives an efficient and smooth shave. I have chosen to not make the decision of only 1 razor. Therefore, I rotate between the stainless, bronze, and titanium razors. I could easily choose any of them to use exclusively for the rest of my shaving days.

If I have to pick 1, I would pick a polished stainless .68 solid bar.

Last edited:
I have a Timeless .68 SB and Karve (both versions) with the D plate. You can't go wrong with any of them. All are excellent razors. I am using my Timeless and today got my 8th great shave with it (and Personna Lab blade.)

Medium growth, sharp wiry beard, went with the SS .68 first, wanted a bit more aggression.

Ended up with the .95 and a scalloped top cap on a 3” 16mm Maggard’s handle.
I like heavy razors.

Shaving daily.

Graydog

Biblical Innards
Really want to go with a Timeless for my next razor of choice. I hear nothing but great things on the smoothness a Timeless provides.

Wanted to see if anyone who has used a Timeless can provide me their feedback on which option they would recommend I should go with and with what base plate and top cap.

I would say I have a coarse beard with medium to heavy growth. I shave every three to four days as I have sensitive skin around my neck areas and shaving daily or every other day would be to aggressive for my skin.

I have been hearing how effortless a Timeless shave can be and how efficient and smooth the end result is.

My fellow wet shaving Timeless brothers can you advise a soon to be Timeless member on which razor build to go with.

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What are you shaving with now ?

My favorite Timeless set up is Polished Titanium .95 Scalloped . I also have a .68 SB Ti that is a great shave. I have polished Stainless steel .95 OC and .68 SB. Also great shavers
00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190825154300978_COVER.jpg
00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190803080455911_COVER.jpg

Smooth and Very Efficient.
My Face Loves them.

I own and enjoy all 3 razors you are asking about.

I shave 6 times per week. I have a medium beard. I do 2 1/2 N-S passes on each shave. That means I do 2 full passes and 1/2 pass below my jaw on my neck. No buffing, J-hooking or other clean up.

I own Timeless stainless steel .68 solid bar (3 of these actually), bronze .38 sb, and titanium .68 sb. All have scalloped top caps. I also own a Timeless aluminum, but you didn't inquire about that. 6 Timeless razors total; I love this brand. I also own 2 Blackland, 2 Charcoal Goods, and 1 Karve brass. All my other razors (modern and vintage) have been pif'd. These are all desert island razors.

I prefer my Timeless razors. They are beautiful works of craftsmanship. Any 1 of them will last a lifetime.

Back to your question. Any 1 of my stainless, bronze, or titanium razors gives an efficient and smooth shave. I have chosen to not make the decision of only 1 razor. Therefore, I rotate between the stainless, bronze, and titanium razors. I could easily choose any of them to use exclusively for the rest of my shaving days.

If I have to pick 1, I would pick a polished stainless .68 solid bar.

Great comparison! :a14::a14::a14::a14:

My personal preference would be SS as I just like the look best.

I had and sold the SS OC .95 and the Bronze OC .78. I like efficient razors and my go-to razor is the R41 with upgraded topcap and handle. I too read lots of positive reviews of Timeless razors and decided to see what the fuss was all about. Well, the OC .95 was too smooth for me - no face feel. If that's what you like go for it. It was less efficient than my R41 so got sold. The Bronze was quite a bit better and I liked it, but ultimately no better than a Karve OC E plate which I bought in the meantime, so that got sold. In any case the handle was too heavy for me (total 129g) so it was uneconomical.

Timeless razors as we know have many happy owners. in my case nothing fitted exactly, and I was equally happy with Karve, which is a great razor system and a lot cheaper.

I would go with titanium because of that metals' inherent corrosion resistance. If you're spending $200 I would want it to last a lifetime. Titanium is better than both SS and bronze in that regard, though it is lighter than both if that's something that concerns you.

I have the .95 in polished stainless SB & OC, and titanium SC. Absolutely love it because it is so smooth. The .68 and bronze .38 weren’t efficient enough for me.

I recently acquired the polished SS .95 SB and .68 scalloped, and find the .95SB to work best for me. Beautiful razor, but I think as of now I still have to rank it 3rd behind my GC84 and SS Karve D in terms of the best combination of smoothness and efficiency.

Different geometries. The Stainless did not work as well for me as the Bronze, sold the Stainless. Later added the aluminum which I mix and match with the Bronze to get the weight/balance where I want.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom