What's new

Timeless Titanium, Stainless, Bronze, or Aluminum

The Timeless Bronze .38 is, for me, a comfortable yet a mildly aggressive razor, that is very controlled by a tight grip close to the blades edge with blade exposure that can bite if miss handled. There is very little flex or vibration of the blade. The Bronze is a very smooth shaver, that gets the best results with sharp blades. I favor Nacets, Gil. Yellow and Gil. Platinum. For me this is a sweat spot razor.

Stick to the SS or Ti. That is the head design that put Timeless on the map. Both plates of the bronze seem inefficient and harsh to me.

Hmm,
If you like milder razors, you might start with the milder gaps. That might knock some of the gaps out, at least, either way.
Metals used, well, lots of guys try a couple and see what they prefer, buy and try. That's where that rabbit hole scenario starts.

If you shave every 3 days and have sensitive skin my recommendation would be the Ti .68 OC

I believe that is what I’m leaning at. I was so sold on going for the .95 OC in Ti, but I have been getting smoother face feel shaves on lower blade gaps especially when I have to have a pass XTG. Ironic when I have a tougher coarse beard.

I think the best option for me would be to go for the one that you mentioned and I hear with Timeless they have great customer service that if the base plate is not fitting you the. You can opt for another baseplate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmm,
If you like milder razors, you might start with the milder gaps. That might knock some of the gaps out, at least, either way.
Metals used, well, lots of guys try a couple and see what they prefer, buy and try. That's where that rabbit hole scenario starts.

Absolutely that’s where the addiction starts in trying to pair different handles to different base plates to different blade gaps. It’s almost a never ending search in finding the perfect shave.

As you mentioned I’m thinking of leaning towards a milder razor and a Ti .68 and maybe for an OC since I don’t shave daily.

I recently acquired the polished SS .95 SB and .68 scalloped, and find the .95SB to work best for me. Beautiful razor, but I think as of now I still have to rank it 3rd behind my GC84 and SS Karve D in terms of the best combination of smoothness and efficiency.

Another great razor I keep hearing is the Game Changer and for fraction of the costs of the higher end razors which Timeless would fall into. I have the Karve and prefer plate D currently. I have ordered plate C to see if it will give a better shave with a bit less aggression.

What are you shaving with now ?

My favorite Timeless set up is Polished Titanium .95 Scalloped . I also have a .68 SB Ti that is a great shave. I have polished Stainless steel .95 OC and .68 SB. Also great shaversView attachment 1012820 View attachment 1012825
Smooth and Very Efficient.
My Face Loves them.

Hey Graydog thanks for your advise. I’m currently shaving with a rotation of Rex Ambassador, Karve Brass Plates D SB. Waiting on my C Plate SB. I also have a Muhle R41 that I have dialed in and get great efficient shaves from. These are my three main go to razors.

I just had a great shave last night with the Rex in setting two for my WTG pass. Dialed it down to 1 for my XTG pass and ATG pass especially around my neck areas.

Used a grande new Kai Stainless and got such a great smooth shave.

I always thought with a tougher coarse beard and it a daily shaver that I would have to go with aggressive razors and maybe even aggressive blades but what I’m finding out is that I’m getting much better shaves with a milder blade gap
paired with a sharp smooth blade.

I own and enjoy all 3 razors you are asking about.

I shave 6 times per week. I have a medium beard. I do 2 1/2 N-S passes on each shave. That means I do 2 full passes and 1/2 pass below my jaw on my neck. No buffing, J-hooking or other clean up.

I own Timeless stainless steel .68 solid bar (3 of these actually), bronze .38 sb, and titanium .68 sb. All have scalloped top caps. I also own a Timeless aluminum, but you didn't inquire about that. 6 Timeless razors total; I love this brand. I also own 2 Blackland, 2 Charcoal Goods, and 1 Karve brass. All my other razors (modern and vintage) have been pif'd. These are all desert island razors.

I prefer my Timeless razors. They are beautiful works of craftsmanship. Any 1 of them will last a lifetime.

Back to your question. Any 1 of my stainless, bronze, or titanium razors gives an efficient and smooth shave. I have chosen to not make the decision of only 1 razor. Therefore, I rotate between the stainless, bronze, and titanium razors. I could easily choose any of them to use exclusively for the rest of my shaving days.

If I have to pick 1, I would pick a polished stainless .68 solid bar.

That is a great lineup and rotation you have with the Timeless razors. That would be a dream lineup for myself and many fellow wet shavers. Thanks for your advise. I think at this point I’m leaning for the Ti and an OC .68 although I believe a .95 could also be very efficient.

I like lighter razors, they work best for my skin. Love the Titanium .95OC. Every 2-3 days face and head shaves. My go to razor. I have the new Aluminum as well. Less aggressive than the .95OC but slightly more aggressive than the .68 smooth. I like it, hope they make an OC plate for it soon. The Bronze. 38 is also good but too heavy for my needs.

Definitely leaning toward the Ti version. Trying to figure out what blade gap but my face has been reacting better to smaller blade gap plates even though I shave every 3 to 4 days with a tougher coarse beard.

Thanks for your input. It’s greatly appreciated.

For price consideration the Timeless Aluminum has got to be one of the best deals available for the purchase of a premium quality DE razor.

Outstanding razor at a fantastic price.

For price consideration the Timeless Aluminum has got to be one of the best deals available for the purchase of a premium quality DE razor.

Outstanding razor at a fantastic price.

Great point that could definitely be a good look at for the value one would get. I know for a polished Ti OC with stand I’m looking at close to $350.00.

I imagine the Aluminum would be maybe half the price if not cheaper and let one get their hands on a Timeless.

@DGDV let us know if you get one and how it goes. Its always fun to hear review type feedback.you know how we are.lol

Absolutely will do when I pull the trigger on a Timeless purchase. I really appreciate all the advice from all our fellow members who have provided me great insight so I may make a better decision.

This is a great forum and great community of fellow wet shavers. I look forward to sharing my Timeless when it’s in my hands.

Cheers to all on this thread who have provided feedback.

It is greatly appreciated.

Graydog

Biblical Innards
Actually the Aluminum is $75 and that includes the stand.
Timeless has a 30 day return or exchange
warranty on their Razors. So you can get the.68 open comb and if it's not enough you can return
It for the .95 OC or anything else that they have

Actually the Aluminum is $75 and that includes the stand.
Timeless has a 30 day return or exchange
warranty on their Razors. So you can get the.68 open comb and if it's not enough you can return
It for the .95 OC or anything else that they have

That might be a great route to go first to see which blade gap would suit me better.

Not trying to spend your money but this was my experience with sensitive skin. YMMV. I ordered the Timeless Titanium with .68 smooth then ordered the .95 dual smooth/OC dual plate. On 2 days or more growth I found the .95OC side i was using more. I then ordered the .95 OC and haven't looked back. I still have the. 95 dual plate but haven't used it in 6+ months. I find the .95 OC aggressive but super smooth. Its my lifetime razor. I did sell the .68 plate. Like I said, YMMV but Timeless has a return policy that's fantastic.

Bronze is too aggressive for sensitive skin, even Matt confirmed that in his reply to my question and recommended scalloped SS68

Yeah from what I have been reading the bronze is much more aggressive due to the geometry of the head. I believe what sets the TI and SS apart is the head geometry.

Not trying to spend your money but this was my experience with sensitive skin. YMMV. I ordered the Timeless Titanium with .68 smooth then ordered the .95 dual smooth/OC dual plate. On 2 days or more growth I found the .95OC side i was using more. I then ordered the .95 OC and haven't looked back. I still have the. 95 dual plate but haven't used it in 6+ months. I find the .95 OC aggressive but super smooth. Its my lifetime razor. I did sell the .68 plate. Like I said, YMMV but Timeless has a return policy that's fantastic.

That’s the great thing about Timeless. If one head is not to your liking you can swap it out in that 30 day period. Great customer service and am sure to try both plates. I am definitely leaning towards the OC.

Thanks again for all your input. It is much appreciated.

Yeah from what I have been reading the bronze is much more aggressive due to the geometry of the head. I believe what sets the TI and SS apart is the head geometry.

It's a combination of exposure and rigidity that make the Bronze a less forgiving design. Weight only adds to the challenge. Not having sensitive skin it worked a lot better for me than the SS.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom