What's new

The Trophy Room~Post your hunting photos here.

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
I thought I read once where some of the tops of the key, where the piston rod makes contact and batters the BCG were getting sheared off? Could have been another manufacturer and I'm old and forgetful.
You may be correct, Rob, but Adams advertises hardened strike faces on both components.

nikonNUT

I know everyone has been shooting deer and the like but imma up the game! Took out 3 ounces of cuteness and RAGE! 🤣

IMG_6641.jpeg

IMG_6643.jpeg

nikonNUT

Well the critters have gotten wise... Or so I thought. Went out to function test the Tippmann (and it runs like a sewing maching now that I cut a coil off the buffer spring!) and saw a mus sitting statue still up in a tree. Not to self, look up! Turns out it wasn't a mus but a RAT! Popped it and told the cats they were worthless! :lol: Chunky little dude too! Flashlite is 5.875" long...
NightRat1227.jpg

Last edited:

nikonNUT

Tastes great with BBQ sauce. Kinda greasy, in a good way, like bear, but easier to carry outta da woods!
Lady who owns the little private range I shoot at cooks up a mean raccon! She cleans (need to get a lesson to on avoiding the musk glands!) and bones them then renders them to get rid of a lot of the grease. After that she shreads the meat and reheats with BBQ sauce. BEST BBQ sandwich I've ever had!

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Lady who owns the little private range I shoot at cooks up a mean raccon! She cleans (need to get a lesson to on avoiding the musk glands!) and bones them then renders them to get rid of a lot of the grease. After that she shreads the meat and reheats with BBQ sauce. BEST BBQ sandwich I've ever had!
It is amazing what tastes good when properly prepared.

Equally amazing what the opposite can do!

I've EATEN skunk and possum, but never have prepared them, and honestly hope I never have to!

nikonNUT

Another night another trash panda! This one required some light mountaineering to recover aaannnddd thermal can’t see strangler vines so I got clothes lined… again! White light is your friend gents and a good tool to have! I’m gonna feel it in the morning.
IMG_6782.jpeg

Last edited:

nikonNUT

Went out tonight to take a gander at what was moving and got a surprise! I was spot stalking an area that I have seen "something" moving around before. All I knew was it was big ans way faster that the critters I usually see. Always slightly out of range and quick to disappear. Came over a little rise and there he/she stood! A BIG red fox. I tried to get the scanner out of the way and get on the rifle so I could snap a picture. A faint click was made (probably sounded like an airhorn to the fox) as I flipped it up. Foxy wasn't having it but wasn't uber spooked. Just kind trotted off into a little low spot and disappeared. Pretty fearless and I think I know what is doing clean up when I shoot mice and rats now. As long as the neighbors don't complain about losing chickens and I don't lose a house cat I'm going to leave it be.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I've had a problem with foxes lately. Recently lost chickens to one. Very bold, shows up in my yard during daylight, just yards from the house. I witnessed a stand off between one and our cat, I couldn't get to a gun in time but rapped on the window and the fox took off. I need to get a predator call.

nikonNUT

I've had a problem with foxes lately. Recently lost chickens to one. Very bold, shows up in my yard during daylight, just yards from the house. I witnessed a stand off between one and our cat, I couldn't get to a gun in time but rapped on the window and the fox took off. I need to get a predator call.
I have a FoxPro Prowler and have been told that any of the following calls are pretty good. Field mouse distress, dying cottontail, and weepin’ woodpecker all all good for yotes and foxes. Low volume preferred.
Also, what does one do when it’s sleeting (They say snow. I say that is really loud snow!) and 14 degrees (feels like 3)? Well, if you are my stupid self you go hunting! No sure who was dumber… me or the fluff rat! First one with the SBR too!
IMG_6815.jpeg

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista

Haven't seen one in ages, but used to have grey foxes come up. One time I heard a commotion on the back porch and the fox was having an argument with the cats over the food bowl. The cats whipped its butt.

This is the predator call I have. I don't see it on the company website now, so maybe they went on to greater and mo better models...and probably more expensive. It sounds great.

Top Bottom