What's new

The Last Movie You Watched?

The Fog of War. After reading Jack Roth’s book, Killing Kennedy, it seemed a good time to revisit my 20yo DVD of interviews with Robert S. McNamara, a former President of Ford Motor, who served as JFK and LBJ’s Sec’y of Defense. It’s more frightening than any horror movie. McNamara, who served under Curtis LaMay in WW2, calmly talks about the fire-bombing of Tokyo and 60 other Japanese cities in WW2, the Cuban Missile Crisis, and the Vietnam War. Unfortunately he doesn’t address the JFK assassination and the military-industrial connection to war. Still food for thought going forward. If only schools taught history.

Lured (1947) Great story of a serial killer manhunt in London with Lucille Ball as a sexy dance hall girl recruited by Scotland Yard to help trap the killer. Tons of great spooky men as suspects: George Sanders, Boris Karloff, George Zucco, and Cedric Hardwicke. Beautifully shot, very exciting.

The Quiet Man, one of my all time favorite movies!

1715305900686.png

I love the 50s horror/alien movies I grew up with. What source material did you watch? I remember Invaders from Mars on TV as a kid, but media prices range from $20-40. I just don't remember if I liked it that much to bother.
I have Xfinity cable. It was free on Xuma or another similar free channel. I like this one a lot too. No one gets killed.

T-34 (Director's Cut), a 2018 Russian WW2 film, free on amazon prime. A Russian tank crew, captured by the Germans, steal a T-34 and escape their German POW camp. Great tank battles, good acting and slo-mo special effects, back when Russians were the "good" guys. It's still a great film.

The last movie I watched was The Flash. Before you say what I think you are going to say...✋✋✋
I bought the movie because of the best Batman ever, Michael Keaton! followed by Christian Bale, and Adam West. (There are no other Batmans, I can't hear you...)

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
The last movie I watched was The Flash. Before you say what I think you are going to say...✋✋✋
I bought the movie because of the best Batman ever, Michael Keaton! followed by Christian Bale, and Adam West. (There are no other Batmans, I can't hear you...)
I enjoyed the film, particularly the cameos of other versions of Superman!

I guess they are a series of movies I dont know. But anyway ive been watching Midsomer Murders. Tom Barnaby was right. Nothing good ever happens in Badgers Drift.

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
Revolver
Possibly the worst Guy Richie film ever. Definitely the worst Jason Statham flick I've ever seen.
Took one for the team so you wouldn't have to.

T-34 (Director's Cut), a 2018 Russian WW2 film, free on amazon prime. A Russian tank crew, captured by the Germans, steal a T-34 and escape their German POW camp. Great tank battles, good acting and slo-mo special effects, back when Russians were the "good" guys. It's still a great film.
Thanks to your rec I'm watching it now. Excellent. Long movie. I thought it was almost over then looked and saw I still had an hour to go.

Top Bottom