What's new

The Last Movie You Watched?

Mission impossible rogue nation - saw it today and greatly enjoyed it. I was glad for the plot being more complex than "foil the plot through ridiculous means". That does make for a good movie, but Rogue Nation had spy craft, some (basic and predictable) politics, and characters you couldn't be sure about who they were working for. Two thumbs up.

What We Do in the Shadows: A mockumentary about four vampires sharing an apt in modern Wellington, NZ. It is a fun little low-key comedy and if you were a fan of "Flight of the Conchords" you might want to give it a try.

...A mockumentary about four vampires sharing an apt in modern Wellington, NZ. ...

Sounds interesting. Have you ever watched the series Being Human? It's about a ghost, a vampire, and a werewolf who share a townhouse. There's a British and an American version. The Brits did a better job overall IMHO, but the American series took the story in some interesting directions.

Sounds interesting. Have you ever watched the series Being Human? It's about a ghost, a vampire, and a werewolf who share a townhouse. There's a British and an American version. The Brits did a better job overall IMHO, but the American series took the story in some interesting directions.

I am a fan of both versions, although the British version jumped-the-shark when Aidan Turner left to become a dwarf

...although the British version jumped-the-shark ...

I had to look that up. Since the reference is from Happy Days, I'm guessing it's not a new phrase, but I don't remember hearing it before. Then again, my wife sometimes tells me I'm hearing things again for the first time.

The Equalizer with Denzel Washington,great movie!:thumbup1:

proxy.php

Matador

Actually I knew nothing about it when I started watching it. Pretty good movie starring Pierce Brosnan and Greg Kinnear. It's about a burned out hit man meeting a burned out businessman. 3.5⭐

I had to look that up. Since the reference is from Happy Days, I'm guessing it's not a new phrase, but I don't remember hearing it before. Then again, my wife sometimes tells me I'm hearing things again for the first time.

There is (or was, I guess it's now gone) a "jump the shark" website where people voted and debated the exact moment when any given show started its decline into silliness/irrelevance/shame. Very entertaining.

I watched 21 Jump Street, 22 Jump Street and This is the End on my trip to Italy. Perhaps a little too much Jonah Hill/Channing Tatum, but Seth Rogan is so much fun, and Franco is just a nut.

Last edited:
Last night, "20 Feet from Stardom".

Worth it just to hear Merry Clayton's vocal from the Stones 'Gimme Shelter', soloed, still giving me chills!

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom