What's new

The Last Movie You Watched?

Tora! Tora! Tora!
I'm ashamed to admit that I had never seen it before. I bought it in a WW2 collection with The Thin Red Line, Patton and The Longest Day, all for $15. Winning!

Grudge Match; I dunno, it just didnt do it for me and I dont know why. Perhaps for what should have been a comedy it was too washed out and gray, plus the fight is on-off-on-off-on plot devices where stretched too far. 5/10 is being generous

Taras Bulba (1962). They tried to cram in as much as they could. History, family, romance, war, action, drama, betrayal and comedy.

Her. 10/10. Brilliant. It is funny, sad, romantic, moving, original and it's set in the future. I don't know why I had assumed it was set in the present. Anyway, it was nominated for best picture and I think it should have won it.

$Her2013Poster.jpg

Saw "Godzilla" at the new AMC movie theater complex built recently near my home. Paid $13 for the 10:30am IMAX showing plus $6 for a small bag of popcorn.

Total waste of time and money!

Last edited:
THESE AMAZING SHADOWS, which is a documentary about the National Film Registry...Its preservation efforts and how it selects films for inclusion in the Library of Congress. Did you know you can email the Registry and nominate a film for inclusion? This is why I love documentaries, you can learn so much.

Top Bottom