What's new

The Last Movie You Watched?

Serenity 2005. Not bad. A solid B movie with solid acting all around and a great sociopath. An underatede sci-fi flick.

This probably goes without saying but are you aware the movie was the "finale" for the grossly short lived series "Firefly"? Netflix has got it, one of the best things on TV, ever.

World War Z.

well, after all the negative reviews and talk of this one and comparissons to the book, I enjoyed it. I knew nothing about it going in, except from the commercials (Pitt is the star and Zombies move fast like a swarm of bees).

Lots of action, decent story and easy to follow, make it a winner for me.

Now You See Me. I expected very little and was pleasantly surprised. Not an exceptional movie, but a perfectly acceptable popcorn flick.

The Affairs of Martha, 1942. Interesting movie and one wonders if the plot theme for the movie The Help was stolen from it?

The Affairs of Martha takes place in Long Island in upper middle class homes with white maids. The Help takes place in the south with upper middle class homes with black maids. In both story lines a maid is writing a book.

Last edited:
Bullet to the Head with Sly Stallone. It was pretty weak, but since it was a Netflix disc and I set the bar pretty low for straight action movies - it was acceptable.

Lots of anti-hero cliches and an absolutely blatant, nigh shameless, product placement advertisement for Bulleit bourbon

Argo- enjoyable movie and 1st movie that I liked when Ben Affleck had the starring role (Robin Williams and Matt Damon were the real stars in good will hunting-despite what the credits say).

as cheasy and over the top as I remembered, but even better then when I watched it back when it came out!

Last edited by a moderator:
Man of La Mancha.

Movie of a play acted within a play, about a knight who isn't a real night (Don Quixote) drifting in and out of a fantasy world.
So, nested levels of reality about a hero fighting enemies who aren't what he thinks. It's The Matrix set to music.

Top Bottom