What's new

The Breakfast Thread

On the weekend I normally have a big breakfast then don't bother to eat until dinner.
Sausages
Bacon
Eggs
Baked Beans
Grilled Tomato
Grilled Onion
Toast
:drool:

During weekdays it is normally a bowl of cereal and toast.

V

VR6ofpain

Biscuits and sausage gravy, with a side of hashbrowns and scrambled eggs.

Pancakes, eggs, and bacon is also excellent. Waffles are great, but they seem to beat my stomach up.

...oh and all of the above would come with several cups of strong black coffee.

Sunday Breakfast; poached eggs atop of warm crusty bread, hollandaise sauce, a slice of smoked salmon and chives with bacon and chorizo; and a Greek coffee

Weekday breakfast; oats with a teaspoon of honey and cinamon and a glass of cranberry juice

EDIT: All this talk of food has got my stomach croaking !!

Any combination of the following: 2 eggs over easy, sausage links, biscuits with sausage gravy, plain bagel with cream cheese, grits, rice, hash browns, and last but certainly not least, the BREAKFAST TACO (in its various forms)!!

I have SEVERAL favorites in this category:

Biscuits and sausage gravy with a little Tabasco.

Bagel sandwiches with an over easy egg, sausage patty and cheese, along with hasbrowns

A plate full of fried potatoes, topped with three over easy eggs, all cut up and covered in ketchup.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Fried eggs runny enough to dip my warm buttered toast into. Thick sliced maple smoked bacon or back bacon/peameal. Fresh squeezed OJ and freshly ground black coffee while I enjoy my newspaper outside in the summer or in front of a large window inside in the winter.

So far no one seems to have mentioned sliced tomatoes. An enormous greasy gut-busting breakfast is not complete without sliced tomatoes.

And a roll of antacid tablets.

My two favorites are my gpa's homemade potato pancakes with Theilen's bacon (and homemade maple syrup yum yum) and a texmex (hashbrowns, egg, cheese and sourcream wrapped in a tortilla salsa on the side please lol)
Gotta have good black coffee to go with either though.

Last edited:
After our first trip to Hawaii. I like a hearty breakfast of scrambled eggs, steamed rice, bicuits with butter, and sausage. Coffee too. This will keep you going for a long time.

Any combination of the following: 2 eggs over easy, sausage links, biscuits with sausage gravy, plain bagel with cream cheese, grits, rice, hash browns, and last but certainly not least, the BREAKFAST TACO (in its various forms)!!

How do *you* cook your grits?

Normal breakfast--Irish (steel cut) oatmeal and a cup of Joe

When I have more time--Japanese breakfast (miso soup, steamed rice with raw egg, soy sauce and toasted seaweed, grilled fish, pickled and steamed veggies) or bagel & lox.

All time favorite: Irish Breakfast

I have always loved corn flakes with a tiny bit or sugar. Bacon and eggs is one of my favorites as well. The classic oat meal is the best

When I make it myself I usually have cereal or eggs.

But what I really enjoy is sliced fresh nectarine and kiwi with Greek yogurt, honey and oats.

If I go out for breakfast I like a big cooked breakfast.

When I'm in England I enjoy a Full English.

I take hash and put it in a bowl about 3/4 in thick. Make two dents with the back of a large spoon. Bake until top is crispy. Break two eggs and put in dents. place back in oven and bake until eggs are as you like them. With that I like biscuits and gravy, hash browns and gravy, pancakes, buttered toast with grape jam, Fresh coffee and a glass of milk. This will keep you going all day after your nap. I like this for supper too.

favorite:

chicken fried steak w/ red gravy, crispy homefries, two eggs over easy, wheat toast with home made raspberry preserves. black coffee.

usual:

almond butter w/ ginger infused honey on twelve grain bread. black coffee.

Top Bottom