What's new

RAZOROCK GC 0.68-P

I've always rinsed on a regular basis. Even with the .84P. Old cartridge habit I guess. I have seen a few Youboob vids where they don't rinse very often, or shave one side of their face before rinsing the razor. I just can't do it...

I rinse pretty frequently, too. Typically, after I do one "facial feature", such as one cheek, one jaw, etc. That's just always been my habit. A side benefit is that it adds more water to the face as you go along.

Reactions: Kix
I have GC .68P, .76P and .84P = All excellent

68 is a daily driver but I have to pick up an efficient blade to level up its lack of efficiency
76 is perfect to use daily without a problem. It doesn't matter the blade as it does really well the job
84 is too much to use daily. It's excellent for +3 days of growth. Two pass and job done

Threats: RR Mamba 70. This one is more efficient than GC .76P and same level of smootheness. I really don't know why this one is not popular as the Game Changers...

68 is a daily driver but I have to pick up an efficient blade to level up its lack of efficiency
76 is perfect to use daily without a problem. It doesn't matter the blade as it does really well the job
84 is too much to use daily. It's excellent for +3 days of growth. Two pass and job done

Threats: RR Mamba 70. This one is more efficient than GC .76P and same level of smootheness. I really don't know why this one is not popular as the Game Changers...

I'm probably going to be picking up .76P and .84P plates in the near future. However, I love the smoothness of the .68 and need to see how far I can get with trying different blades. Like any razor, you have to live with it a while, too.

After shaving daily with the .68P for two weeks, I switched to my old 34C today as a "control shave" using the same prep/technique to get a comparison. Three passes, WTB/XTG/XTG.

I was surprised at how much more aggressive and efficient the 34C was. My 34C is the older version before they mellowed it out a few years ago. The 34C is considerably more efficient and effective on three passes than the .68P, but at the cost of a rougher feel on the face and a little more post-shave irritation.

I'll be experimenting next week with a Feather blade in the .68P and have better soaps on the way, but I'm starting to the think the .68P plate works best as a "recovery shave" and just isn't enough for me as a daily shaver. I have .76P and .84P plates on their way to me, and I have a gut feeling the .84P may be the ultimate winner here. You don't know till you try, though.

I have the mamba 70 and have used it for a few years. Only DE I used. Then recently I got a cheap rapira super steel razor which was more aggressive and had more blade feel which I enjoyed for every other day shaving. Should I skip the 76 and go to the 84 game changer? Sounds like you think the 76 game changer is a step down from the mamba 70?

Top Bottom