What's new

The Breakfast Thread

So gents in honor of the oft' overlooked most important meal of the day, I figured it was time for a breakfast thread.

So what's your favorite? Whats on order for today?

Today is one of my favorites, Crespelle. In short the Italian answer to the French and northern European Crepe, the crespelle is a little denser and more substantial. For breakfast I like them filled with various jams.

My favorite is either Belgian waffles or hash browns with eggs, neither of which I get much these days. Instead, my go-to for breakfast is a huge cappuccino made with home roasted coffee beans.

My usual breakfast is a few cups of coffee, black.

My favorite breakfast, however, would have to be biscuits and gravy, crispy country fried potatoes, bacon, yogurt, and fresh fruit. I would also have orange juice and coffee, black.

Usually a coffee, and a smoke, when i treat myself, a full english:001_tongu

Coffee and smoke for me too, then a pop tart is what I usually eat.

Now for favorite...hard to say...there are so many things that I like for breakfast. Must include eggs and bacon.

Today -

Fried eggs, bacon, toast with jam, OJ and coffee.

Most days -

Oatmeal or a bagel and fruit.

Favorites -

Buttermilk pancakes, biscuits and sausage gravy, french toast.

Toasted bialy with Smart Balance spread, protein bar, steel cut oatmeal, whole wheat toast with natural peanut butter, apple, banana.

Last edited:
I like to have a 'traditional' breakfast every other weekend (OK, every weekend!).

Traditional means: Eggs, some kind of meat, toast, and some kind of veg (potato hash browns, slices of tomato). All rounded out with a some cheese, jam, and agood cup of coffee.

Today was: 2 eggs, locally made rye bread toast, sliced tomato, and some french cheese. Coffee was Minas brand (Turkish style) made in stove-top coffepot.

Tasty.

------------
alan

My favorite is bacon and eggs with milk or orange juice. Usual is a slice or two of toast (buttered or cheese) with milk or juice.

We do a "Big Sunday" breakfast every week...on Sunday.

Bacon or Sausage
Hasbrowns
Coconut Pancakes with Maple Syrup
Eggs either fried or scrambled
OJ

Typically one of the following:
Maple bacon oatmeal
Scrambled eggs with bacon, mushrooms, onions and cheese + toast
Fried eggs (runny yolk, well-cooked white) with toast

Once in a blue moon breakfasts:
Pancakes (sometimes blueberry)
Omelettes
French toast

Today was a blueberry pancake day. :drool:

Today I was up early to get out in the woods so it was gas station coffee and a gob (pittsburgh type of moonpie).
My favorite is black coffee, over easy eggs, home fries, bacon and sausage, buckwheat cakes on the side. This is a breakfast that will keep you going until well into the afternoon.

Absolutely love a big breakfast in any combo of: eggs, bacon, sausage, ham slice, hash browns, OJ, toast/strawberry jam, biscuits/gravy, pancakes or waffles.

Daily reality is diet coke and maybe a pop tart. :sad:
Sue

Anglo:

Chicken Fried Steak, White Gravy, 2 Eggs over Medium, Hash Browns, Bisquits and Gravy, large Dr. Pepper.

Tejano:

3 Cheese and Onion Enchiladas with Red Chile Gravy, 2 Eggs over Medium, Rice and Beans, Corn Tortillas, large Dr. Pepper.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Favorite: Huevos rancheros

Usual: Poached egg with toast and sometimes bacon

Alternative to my favorite: Poached eggs with Hollandaise sauce (homemade of course, it's easier than you think).

The above with 1 or 2 black coffee of course in my Italian espresso machine!

Usually, I have a bowl of raisin bran with banana slices and a cup of coffee.

My favorite would have to be vegan banana pancakes.

As you can probably tell, I'm a big fan of bananas. And I make some pretty kickass hash browns

Last edited:
Top Bottom