What's new

Straight shavers in the Bay Area?

I just pm'd Joel asking if he was still willing to give a lesson. With all the effort and time he's given this board lately (B&BE, B&B LE, being a mod...) I wouldn't be surprised if he passes. Of course, the people here have continued to impress me with their willingness to help others, so who knows?

Either way, I think Joel deserves a round of applause for volunteering his time in the middle of the BBE and BB LE purchases.

It looks like Joel is up for another go! I suggest the planning go something like this (to avoid my past errors):

Find out a good time frame for the members
See if that works for Joel
Find a specific time that works for Joel
Confirm with members
Find a location
Learn!

If this sounds good to everyone, I'd ask: What is a good time frame? Hedliniv posted that he has to move by the end of March, and CBird said he may be able to make it in late May or March, so how about sometime in March?

(BTW; I'm not a control freak or anything. I just really want to see this happen. If anyone else wants to make the arrangements, just let me know)

Last edited:
You're doing fine. A good time is just throw it out there and see who can make it. Some of us are not going to be able to go and some of us will, no worries here.

Take Care,
Richard

I'm definitely still up for this. My place is way too small for a gathering of people, but I'm willing to contribute a bottle of single malt for the gathering.

--Dennis

I am still interested in attending. My house is somewhat small but could accomodate about 10. I am in Santa Rosa. Keep me informed.

Mark

You're doing fine. A good time is just throw it out there and see who can make it. Some of us are not going to be able to go and some of us will, no worries here.

Yeah. Let Joel tell us his availability and we should go from there. Give us a time, and we'll give you the place. :001_smile

Sounds good to me and I will leave it to you to assure it is in a safe part of town. I would be glad to cough up some funds if they are necessary to get the space.

Thanks,
Richard

I'm 4 hours north of The Bay - but my razor buddy and I could justify the trip on a Saturday or Sunday. I could make it during the week too, with enough notice (can't speak for RB though). I have a new Canon FS100 I could record with too. Great idea, guys - and thank you Joel!

Oops! Sorry guys - got so excited, I didn't read the other 5 pages of correspondence and had a premature posting. Just checked with razor buddy - we can make it April 4. Yes, I need a better nickname for RB. No, we didn't and will not clear this with our spouses - are we not men?

I am glad i found this. i am in the process of ordering my stuff and very new never been shaved by a straight razor or even tried it. i am very interested in coming. has anyone found a place in the bay area that uses a straight razor to give a shave?i live in daly city
thanks

I haven't read the whole thread, but from what I understand, Joel will be doing a honing demo / class on 4/4/09 somewhere in the SF Bay Area?

I'll be there depending on travel time -- I'm in the north bay.

Top Bottom