What's new

Straight shavers in the Bay Area?

I think this was mentioned earlier, but does anyone have a videocamera they can bring?

I have a Canon FS100 and tripod I can bring. Just got it in January, though, so if anyone has a camcorder they have more experience with - I won't be offended.

I have a Canon FS100 and tripod I can bring. Just got it in January, though, so if anyone has a camcorder they have more experience with - I won't be offended.

If you could, that would be great. Depending on file size, we could post videos here, so those that couldn't make it will still get the "virtual" :rolleyes: experience.

Thanks for all the work that it took to put on this meeting.
I'm glad to say I'll be able to attend.

Roger

Last edited:
It looks like I may have to work after all. I've been put on mandatory overtime every day for the next month. I guess that's a good thing the economic sense, but damn it, I needed to learn how to hone my razors!

Just wanted to ask a question regarding the honing session on Sat. I plan on bringing my "stuff" and a razor to hone. I have at least 2 choices on razors but I am sure that time will be a determining factor. One is a wedge that I have not touched to the stone, it is an antique store purchase, no major edge damage. The other is a razor that I had to repair, make dull, then reestablish the bevel and have honed the best I can, but the results are a bit wanting. Any thoughts on which razor could be done in the time available.

Mark

Just wanted to ask a question regarding the honing session on Sat. I plan on bringing my "stuff" and a razor to hone. I have at least 2 choices on razors but I am sure that time will be a determining factor. One is a wedge that I have not touched to the stone, it is an antique store purchase, no major edge damage. The other is a razor that I had to repair, make dull, then reestablish the bevel and have honed the best I can, but the results are a bit wanting. Any thoughts on which razor could be done in the time available.

Mark

I'd bring 'em all and see what we can come up with. I'd suggest other fellas bring their razors and hones as well. Should be fun! :smile:

I am looking forward to this. I have been honing for years but I am self taught. It will be cool to see how much I have gotten right and wrong.

GOOD MORNING CAMPERS, it is a beautiful morning here in the north Bay. The drive to Alameda will be great! Looking forward to meeting fellow honers/str8 shavers at 1pm. Good day, mates.
Mark

Had a great time fellas, we'll have to get together again for a more social event and shoot the breeze!

:smile:

Thanks to Joel and everyone else who made this happen. I apologize that I had to leave a bit early so I could finish my plastering project before dark today.

It would be fun to socialize. I didn't really put faces to names of many of you.

Roger

Thanks to Joel and all who made this event memorable. It is nice to meet fellow enthusiasts and gentleman into the art of str8 shaving. I support the idea of a social get together, perhaps a bar b Q, for family and friends. See you all at the next get together.

Mark

For those of you that didn't make it there were about fifteen of us that did. WE spent a couple of hours shooting the breeze about the same stuff as is done on this forum. A ton of information was exchanged and everybody learned something.

Excuse me. I have to go shave with the razor Joel took all the way to a Shapton 30K and finished with chr ox

Thanks Joel and Nick! I learned a tremendous amount. A lot of Ah-Ha moments. I got to hear how things were pronounced, like Boker. It was good to see the faces attached to the forum names.

Excuse me. I have to go shave with the razor Joel took all the way to a Shapton 30K and finished with chr ox

OH yea!

Take Care,
Richad

Last edited:
Top Bottom