What's new

Speakeasy Aquisitions - March 09

Lucky to find a few Rock River Arms 1911's locally. I could not resist this Basic Limited Match .45 ACP. Beautiful finish, tight smooth action, crisp 3.5# trigger. Can't wait for my next centerfire match! :biggrin:

proxy.php

Very nice pistol, sir! I own a RRA AR-15 and love it! Good piece of harware you have there!

DL

Careful there Tom, looks like the hammer is ready for action. Nice traditional firearm

Good eye Bushranger and thanks. Just finished some dry-fire practice and snapped the photo. With bullseye shooting I don't use the safety often, only load when told to, fire when directed, and leave them empty with an open action between strings.

No pics, but I just got the following:

Al Mar Falcon with talon edge
KaBar Dozier hunter
Ontario Rat 1 Folder.

The Al Mar is a beautifully put together knife - I might have opted for the 4" bladed Eagle if I had seen them side to side as the Falcon is a pretty small knife - but that is what I was looking for. The thing is so damn light I don't even realize its there.

The KaBar Dozier is perhaps the best made $20 knife I've seen - I've not used it, but it looks great, has decent scales, a nicely shaped/ground blade and came from the factory sharp enough to shave arm hair.

The Ontario Rat 1 is a larger and more "tactical" folder its got a nice full flat grind blade and for $25 its another great deal in a larger knife. I don't consider this a great EDC for lots of folks as its heavy and bulky. The only problem is that the opening is quite stiff and I need to play with the tension/work it in.

Finally, I got a set of the coarse diamond rods for my Sharpmaker - these will really speed up the initial bevel setting process and I'm looking forward to testing these out.

First post for me here on B&B.

I was fortunate to find a very nice package deal on Rocky Patel and Cusano cigars. I think I'm going to need a larger humidor. :001_smile: I was also fortunate to secure a very smooth Scott’s Bunnahabhain 1977. :w00t:

First post for me here on B&B.

I was fortunate to find a very nice package deal on Rocky Patel and Cusano cigars. I think I'm going to need a larger humidor. :001_smile: I was also fortunate to secure a very smooth Scott’s Bunnahabhain 1977. :w00t:

Welcome to B&B!

Black Maple Hill Bourbon
George Dickel #12 Tennessee Whisky
Punt y Mes Sweet Vermouth
2007 Valle Reale Vigne Nuove Montepulciano d'Abruzzo
2007 Fontanafredda Barbera Piemonte Briccotondo
Peychaud's Bitters
Luxardo Amaretto

Last edited:
Top Bottom