What's new

The Speakeasy Acquisitions 2024

I wasn’t expecting to be first this year, but here goes! My wife’s Christmas box arrived from Portugal a month after ordering. Lucky for her, she had 2 Christmasses. Lucky for me, she shares!

IMG_9170.jpeg

I was thinking about starting this thread as I decided to build myself a small budget cabinet, so I guess this is where I will post the latest purchase

IMG_1571.jpg

Vodka and and a bottle of Calvados. Being born and raised in Normandy, I could not do anything but buy me some Calva.

Also I needed to up my glass game so hunted down a few at the local thrift store in the last two weeks.

IMG_1570.jpg

Well I do not play in the fancy division, but the budget cabinet. From what I read, Wild Turkey 101 is well regard in the sub $25 range so I grabbed a bottle of it and yes those 3 small too, someone said Appletini , easy on the tini ?

As for the cocktail gear, well at $4 at the thrift store that was a no brainer as the muddler is worth that much in every store around here.

IMG_1603.jpg

Still building the liquor cabinet on the cheap. I am sure you all know where this is going for the rest of the week end.

IMG_1651.jpg

Been looking for those glasses for a while, could only find them completely busted up at thrift shop for $4 or from $10 to $20 new.

Spent the day thrift shopping around and found the tiniest goodwill ever, your living room is probably twice as big, but the price for once were reasonable and the mug completely pristine and all in for $4. I'll take the win for patience, obviously we will not count the gas spent driving around.

Getting ready for the warm season with some Vermouth

80A027D8-2EB0-47B9-AF4B-9D3468F2068C.jpeg

Italy/France/Spain

3105979B-E472-4055-9AE9-808E66CB88C6.jpeg

That excellent Rye vodka that I was able to taste in Warsaw earlier this year, Belvedere and apparently Germany‘s answer to Chartreuse verte since 1910 - Escorial

Tbh I only got the Escorial because Chartreuse is always out of stock when I look for it but I have not much clue what I will be using it for so I’m open for suggestions.

164362C3-D523-4C7D-99BF-6866E97164BA.jpeg

Top Bottom