What's new

The Speakeasy Acquisitions 2024

Some folks go fancy in the Vermouth department, I stay in the low budget cabinet category.

IMG_1730.jpg

I have been on a shopping spree buying bottom shelf products to build the low budget liquor cabinet.

Moving forward purchases will be done on two level, replenishment and extension and this week was on par , I surprised myself looking for some dry vermouth again, but while I did not enjoyed martinis, I tremendously enjoyed it with the black currant liquor as a kir so a new bottle was acquired. Sweet vermouth was just used to expand the horizon, I guess Campari is next on the shopping list

IMG_1734.jpg

Lets face it folks, must of you have an expanded and better liquor line up but I am having fun.

Some folks go fancy in the Vermouth department, I stay in the low budget cabinet category.

View attachment 1802313

I have been on a shopping spree buying bottom shelf products to build the low budget liquor cabinet.

Moving forward purchases will be done on two level, replenishment and extension and this week was on par , I surprised myself looking for some dry vermouth again, but while I did not enjoyed martinis, I tremendously enjoyed it with the black currant liquor as a kir so a new bottle was acquired. Sweet vermouth was just used to expand the horizon, I guess Campari is next on the shopping list

View attachment 1802322

Lets face it folks, must of you have an expanded and better liquor line up but I am having fun.
By just adding Campari I see a Summer of Negroni, Boulvardier and Americano ahead of you plus the common Spritz with Soda or Bubbly :thumbsup:

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
I admire your managing to build a fine liquor cabinet on a reasonable budget. Please report on your vermouths. I like Dolin dry in martinis and Punt e Mes in Negronis and Manhattans. For a great budget bourbon I like Evan Williams bottled in bond. I think I see Rittenhouse rye in there. Have you tried Old Overholt. I think it is pretty solid. I like your Seagram's gin, probably better than Gordon's. I think Gordon's has changed over the years and lost some of its character.

I admire your managing to build a fine liquor cabinet on a reasonable budget. Please report on your vermouths. I like Dolin dry in martinis and Punt e Mes in Negronis and Manhattans. For a great budget bourbon I like Evan Williams bottled in bond. I think I see Rittenhouse rye in there. Have you tried Old Overholt. I think it is pretty solid. I like your Seagram's gin, probably better than Gordon's. I think Gordon's has changed over the years and lost some of its character.
Thank you for the kind words, not sure this is a fine assortment but it will do.

Now the question is Boulvardier or Negroni to start with ?
IMG_1757.jpg

Managed to score that towel while on a walk. Must have been lost shortly before I found it as it was clean and still smelling of curry and with the rain yesterday morning, can't have been here more than a day anyway. It'll get washed and put to good use.

Now the question is Boulvardier or Negroni to start with ?
View attachment 1809643

Managed to score that towel while on a walk. Must have been lost shortly before I found it as it was clean and still smelling of curry and with the rain yesterday morning, can't have been here more than a day anyway. It'll get washed and put to good use.
Negroni first as long as the sun is out, Boulvardier afterwards.

Top Bottom