What's new

Speakeasy Aquisitions - March 09

Well, I have ventured into the world of everyday pocket knives. I have never really thought I'd have a need for one, but this site has introduced me not only to their aesthetic beauty, but also their usefulness. I've started with something very small - the Browning Mountain Ti ...

proxy.php

I have been looking at Emersons for a while, and finally pulled the trigger on this CQC7A. :biggrin: This thing is built like a tank. Definitely not light and thin, but built to take some punishment.

proxy.php

Well I figured I better order a few cigars before they get raised in price from the new taxes. So my order came today, which consisted of, a box of Park Avenue series '44', 5 pack of CAO Brazilia, and 5 tins of 8 of QE2. Never had the QE2's before but they smell delicious.

Also I got my '87 Deville today, just in time as my other car just kept getting worse by the day.

Picked up some Evan Williams Single Barrel 98 this morning and now just waiting for an acceptable time to open it up today.

Last edited:
Nice collections pictured!!!!!

I don't do orange bitters in a Manhattan, but I did buy a bottle of Fee's old fashioned (much more citrusy and cinnamon/allspicy than Angostura which tends toward clove and Indian curry spice) and do need to score a bottle of the Bitter Truth brand...

Lucky to find a few Rock River Arms 1911's locally. I could not resist this Basic Limited Match .45 ACP. Beautiful finish, tight smooth action, crisp 3.5# trigger. Can't wait for my next centerfire match! :biggrin:

proxy.php

Congratulations Pat. I too am a huge lover of Scottish Single Malt. I recall a quiet moment with a close course mate (also a former enlistee) celebrating our immense achievement on course completion (Officer Training - Royal Australian Airforce) sharing a bottle of Aberlour Malt with some Cubans (Romeo Y Julieta No 2) on an elevated deck in late winter/early spring. Why the Aberlour? The amount of earth we manually removed on a ground defence phase run a bell withthe men holding those massive malt shovels. Yes, hard gained achievement and sensory reward does feel good. Such pleasures are remembered forever. Sláinge You chose wisely

Today was one of those days that I'll remember for the rest of my life as a scientist. I received notice that my research -- my largely self-directed project that's been wrought with nearly 4 years of laborious difficulties and dead-ends, was accepted for publication in a rather prestigious journal. These past few years have been immensely trying, and its enormously satisfying to finally get it to this point. This will be my first primary-author publication. I'm certainly not done yet, but this was probably the tallest hurdle standing between me and my degree. The light at the end of the tunnel just got a lot brighter. :smartass:

View attachment 42295

So today, to treat myself properly and commemorate the day, I picked up a bottle of Cragganmore 12 (I was really in the mood for a Speyside, and they didn't have the Balvenie Single Barrel that I wanted.. meh) and finally pulled the trigger on that little vacation to London I've been hoping to go on, now that the price has dropped by about half.

It feels good. :a12:

Top Bottom