What's new

Soap Of The Month Club (SOTMC)

$image.jpgPetal Pusher Fancies - Briar. Month of April, Done! Not even a dent. I maybe used a quarter of this stuff during the month. I'm guessing another 3 months left in it.

Ive learned that this soap is better to face lather, for me at least. I never had any dryness after using it. Very clean ingredients. Amazing scent. For around 10 bucks for this puck id say this is one of the best quality soaps for an inexpensive price considering it will last me a long time.

Alright guys we got one month under our belts!

Spent the entire month (less one day) using AOS Sandlawood soap (the other day, I used AOS Sandalwood cream). I'd guess that I have at least another 2-3 months with this soap, yet have a wooly to try something new. Any recommendations on Ogallala? Thanks.

Spent the entire month (less one day) using AOS Sandlawood soap (the other day, I used AOS Sandalwood cream). I'd guess that I have at least another 2-3 months with this soap, yet have a wooly to try something new. Any recommendations on Ogallala? Thanks.

You might want to look in the Soap or cream threads. I'm sure there is one dedicated to Ogallala.

Ready to go for May! It'll be Stirling Black Cherry tomorrow, Tabac Friday, then RazoRock Caribbean Coconut for the rest of the month!

SilentTuba
I'm in for May.
Soap: RazoRock Caribbean Coconut
Attempts: 1
Completions: 0
Fails: 0
Consecutive months: 0
Months skipped: 0

RunFoxRun
I'm in for May.
Soap: Barrister & Mann- Roam
Completions: 1
Consecutive months: 1
Months skipped: 0

Add yourself to the list when you rigister!

1. SelentTuba- RazoRock Caribbean Coconut
2. RunFoxRun- B&M Roam

Can't wait for tomorrow's shave, open season is gonna be awesome!

Also, all who pased month one, we are the first of the SOTMC!

Last edited:
MrSmith
I'm in for May
Soap: Wet Shave Obsessions - Green Irish Tweed
Attempts: 0
Consecutive Months: 0
Months Skipped: 0

Add Yourself to the list when you register!

1. SilentTuba - RazoRock Caribbean Coconut
2. RunFoxRun - B&M Roam
3. MrSmith - WSO Green Irish Tweed

Welcome to fidelity gentlemen!

And for those who are on Round 2. My congratulations! :thumbup: :a14:

Ozzybloke
I'm in for May

Soap: Mitchells Wool Fat
Consecutive Months: 0

Lets see if I can do it!

I'm in for May
Soap: Starting with samples: Stirling Glacial Wintergreen (should have 10 or so shaves)

2. RunFoxRun - B&M Roam
4. Ozzybloke - MWF
5. countrydirt - Stirling Glacial Wintergreen

After Stirling sample I have a sample of Razorock - this should take me to mid-May, dependent upon number of head shaves. After that, likely will go to Stirling Spice.

Countrydirt, I hope I don't come off the wrong way, but I have to play devils advocate here and question the use of samples throughout the month as it seems to be out of line from the intent of this endeavor. Again, I don't have a problem with it, but others may and I'm willing to step up and inquire why the samples instead of a single soap?

Countrydirt, I hope I don't come off the wrong way, but I have to play devils advocate here and question the use of samples throughout the month as it seems to be out of line from the intent of this endeavor. Again, I don't have a problem with it, but others may and I'm willing to step up and inquire why the samples instead of a single soap?
As long as each sample is used to completion, it is within the rules. I will be starting the month with a soap that only has ~5 shaves left on it.

I'm in for May
Soap: VDH/ then finishing the month with Arko

2. RunFoxRun - B&M Roam
4. Ozzybloke - MWF
6. bluesman 7- VDH/Arko

Mr. Smith, No offense taken. I have 2 samples left in my cabinet and thought I would use those up. Beyond that, I have no samples of any sort, only full sized soaps or creams. Perhaps I got in the "3017" mode and thought of using soaps completely before I move to the next soap. However, I want to be fully immersed in this brotherhood, so if the collective opinion would be to not use samples, then I would have absolutely no problem with diving fully into a new full size puck. Its not like I am in danger of running out of soap at any time.

Mr. Smith, No offense taken. I have 2 samples left in my cabinet and thought I would use those up. Beyond that, I have no samples of any sort, only full sized soaps or creams. Perhaps I got in the "3017" mode and thought of using soaps completely before I move to the next soap. However, I want to be fully immersed in this brotherhood, so if the collective opinion would be to not use samples, then I would have absolutely no problem with diving fully into a new full size puck. Its not like I am in danger of running out of soap at any time.
I think part of the attraction to this kind of thing is using up soaps and simplifying ones den. I have been using my soaps in the order of smallest first with the same goals in mind. I have no issues with a member using several small soaps to completion during a month. That is what I would be doing if I had them.

​Im in for may........ undecided on my soap for the month.

2. RunFoxRun - B&M Roam
4. Ozzybloke - MWF
6. bluesman 7- VDH/Arko
7. Bushhippi - undecided

I have a bunch of Stirling samples, some of which I wholeheartedly plan on using for later months. Now, I understand that Stirling "samples" are not your average sample, and I'm sure each one I choose will provide the better part of a month's worth of shaves. That said, I see no problem using samples as long as you either use the same one for the entire month, or use it until it runs out. My understanding is that the spirit of this club is to get to know your soaps, and I think that using a sample until it runs out is in that same spirit.

I'm in for May
Soap: Stirling Nag Champa

2. RunFoxRun - B&M Roam
4. Ozzybloke - MWF
6. bluesman 7- VDH/Arko
7. PGHChris - Stirling Nag Champa

MrSmith - I had a bad skin reaction to Stirling's Sharp Dressed Man, which is their version of GIT. I've really wanted to try a WSO soap for a while, and GIT is one of my favorite scents. I'm very interested to hear your thoughts on it.

I figured that this was what you were doing as that is the way my mind works as well. I just figured that I would broach the subject rationally on the off chance that someone might come along and not be quite as understanding. I have a feeling that you're using the least favorite stuff first. I'm intrigued to know what's hibernating in that cabinet of yours.
Also thanks for the rule refresher.

I'm in for May.

Soap: Barbus
Attempts: 0 (as this is my first attempt I guess the number should be zero and next time it will be 1 followed by 1 in Completions or Faills)
Consecutive months: 0

2. RunFoxRun - B&M Roam
4. Ozzybloke - MWF
6. bluesman 7- VDH/Arko
7. Bushhippi - undecided
8. PGHChris - Stirling Nag Champa