What's new

Soap Of The Month Club (SOTMC)

Shave #25 is in the books

XXXt
Merkur 42C
German Wilkinson (3)
Col. Conk #9 Boar
Speick AS

The tub now weighs approx 3.25 ounces. Depending how much an empty tub weighs, I think this puppy might last me through May, too. I know that we're not technically doing a "3017" here, but I'm going for the gusto:001_cool:

View attachment 440675

Fun following you guys along. I hope to get to the point someday where it's one razor - one blade - one brush - one soap or cream. I have the razor, got my bowl and mug, have a brush out with Larry at WD to be restored. But I am working my way through lots and lots of wonderful soaps and creams I never knew about. So maybe I'll join in, but not for a year, until I find the perfect soap or cream.

I'm afraid I might not be able to participate in May. I will be traveling for a week and do not want to take a brush and a 5oz tub of cream. Probably will have to wait another month to take part in SOTM.

I'm going to join in for May with a bowl of Cella!! Love the stuff, however, a whole month may be a challenge... Determined!!

You can do it!

I'm afraid I might not be able to participate in May. I will be traveling for a week and do not want to take a brush and a 5oz tub of cream. Probably will have to wait another month to take part in SOTM.

It can be done! I was assigned a certain area at work and I had to carry a wad of soap and a brush with me in my pack for a week at work.

Shaving in the desert sucks!

FOUR.MORE.DAYS.

I picked a beat up tarnished to blackness 1930s Gillette New Short Comb at a junk shop by my house for 10 bucks. Took it home, some scrubbing bubbles and brasso and BAM! like new! Great shave too!

Last edited:
I said I was in for May with Mikes Barbershop, but I forgot I have a week + motorcycle trip planned with the wife next month. Not sure if im bringing a tube of Palmolive, or try to cram some if the Mikes into a shave stick tube. I usually use a tube of cream when traveling, just for ease of use.

I said I was in for May with Mikes Barbershop, but I forgot I have a week + motorcycle trip planned with the wife next month. Not sure if im bringing a tube of Palmolive, or try to cram some if the Mikes into a shave stick tube. I usually use a tube of cream when traveling, just for ease of use.

You know what I found to be my favorite travel soap? I took a Speick shave stick, grated it, and pressed it into an empty Arko soap puck container. I always prefer to use a puck over a stick - don't get me wrong, I enjoy shave sticks too - and Speick is seriously one of the best performing soaps I've ever used. Obviously, a shave stick takes the least room, but the Arko puck container takes up barely any more room than a stick. Just food for thought. Works great for me!

As an aside - when I take bike trips I don't shave ;-) But, my bike now is not the kind you really want to take long trips on. Cincinnati to Pittsburgh was even hell, haha.

$IMG_3154.jpg$IMG_3158.jpg

Had a very fine shave this morning..................This lather catcher razor is a lot milder then I first thought..........and is a great match with my soap. Started out with 109 grams.

Well, I failed the April portion.... I have been waiting on the PIF vs Pass-around box for months and received it early this last week. I've tried 5 different soaps... Next month!

I'm starting to think I'll end up still using arko after the month out of shear habit at this point. I'm ready to mix it up though.

I'm starting to think I'll end up still using arko after the month out of shear habit at this point. I'm ready to mix it up though.
I'll be finishing out May with Arko. I'm hoping to feel this way at the end of the month, because my plan for June is..........ARKO!

Well, I failed the April portion.... I have been waiting on the PIF vs Pass-around box for months and received it early this last week. I've tried 5 different soaps... Next month!

You're out!? So close to the end!!!

Our first drop out so far.

I wonder how many are really still in...............some on the list have not checked in since we started I believe.......I may be wrong...........

Rattbones........................top secret
bushhippi.........................drh arlington
narcoden.........................arko
bluesman7.......................vdh deluxe
runfoxrun.......................ppf briar
luecke2326......................arko
pghchris..........................drh arlington
countrydirt.......................stirling barbershop done, omega
coler...............................mikes barbershop
occumsbadger..................pannacrema s.f./ namaste
jeff91605.........................r.r. Xxxt
bjtiger75..........................proraso white
Pejay66...............................proraso green

Last edited:
Still in with Arlington. Was last night's shave and maybe the best yet. I've been using this all month and the puck looks really no different than when I first started.

Top Bottom