What's new

Soap Of The Month Club (SOTMC)

I hope so RFR! It only seems to surface after I lather. I wonder if it is activating the smell of the brush that I hear people talk about. Fortunately it dissipates by the time I splash on the aftershave of the day.

Just thinking out loud here...........maybe the OP could PM some of the guys that wanted to come in last month but could not............. like Hellboy for example and several others.

Ok I just looked through all pages and PMd all previously interested who were too late. Now we wait. Either way, still a good turn out on day one of open season.

I've decided not to register for this month's challenge. I have a 9 day motorcycle trip planned, and I really don't feel like taking a chunk of Mikes Barbershop from my bowl and cramming it into a shave stick. I do have a few samples from Mike's, so I'll be bringing them to use like a shave stick.
Not sure that that would honor the spirit of the challenge, same maker, just different samples if scents.

I'm taking the couple of "free" days off, but will be busting back into the XXXt. This month may be a true challenge because I have some soaps on order that arrive after the free days:cursing:
Maybe if I load the $#!† out of it, then XXXt won't last all month:lol:

Soap: RazoRock XXXt

Completions: 1
Fails: 0
Consecutive months: 1
Months Skipped: 0

1. SilentTuba - RazoRock Caribbean Coconut

2. RunFoxRun - B&M Roam
3. MrSmith - WSO Green Irish Tweed
4. Ozzybloke - MWF
5. countrydirt - Stirling Glacial Wintergreen
6. bluesman 7- VDH/Arko
7. Bushhippi - undecided
8. PGHChris - Stirling Nag Champa
9. Atos - Barbus

10. bmilcs - Mike's Orange
11. Narcoden - Stirling Black Cherry
12. doomaise - Stirling Rose

13. bheusted - Stirling Spice
14. jeff91605 - RR XXXt

So, I popped my Arlington puck out of the bowl yesterday and let it dry out for the past 24 hours so I could wrap it up and put it away. No lie, after a month of use, my puck actually grew, haha. Obviously it absorbed water, but I thought it was pretty funny. After using a soap for a month straight, I ended up with a bigger puck than I began with...

I've decided not to register for this month's challenge. I have a 9 day motorcycle trip planned, and I really don't feel like taking a chunk of Mikes Barbershop from my bowl and cramming it into a shave stick. I do have a few samples from Mike's, so I'll be bringing them to use like a shave stick.
Not sure that that would honor the spirit of the challenge, same maker, just different samples if scents.
Why not just change your chosen soap to one of the samples?

I'm in for May. I'll be traveling for 7 or 8 days so I hope I can keep it up. Just ordered a cheap synthetic brush to travel with.

Cream/Soap: TOBS Eton College (I don't have any nice soaps yet, only creams)
Completions: 0
Fails: 0
Consecutive months: 0
Skipped months: 0

1. SilentTuba - RazoRock Caribbean Coconut
2. RunFoxRun - B&M Roam
3. MrSmith - WSO Green Irish Tweed
4. Ozzybloke - MWF
5. countrydirt - Stirling Glacial Wintergreen
6. bluesman 7- VDH/Arko
7. Bushhippi - undecided
8. PGHChris - Stirling Nag Champa
9. Atos - Barbus

10. bmilcs - Mike's Orange
11. Narcoden - Stirling Black Cherry
12. doomaise - Stirling Rose

13. bheusted - Stirling Spice
14. jeff91605 - RR XXXt
15. DE93 - Eton College

So, I popped my Arlington puck out of the bowl yesterday and let it dry out for the past 24 hours so I could wrap it up and put it away. No lie, after a month of use, my puck actually grew, haha. Obviously it absorbed water, but I thought it was pretty funny. After using a soap for a month straight, I ended up with a bigger puck than I began with...
:blink: ALIENS.

Well if you all are good with that, I'm in with Mike's Barbershop at home and samples on the trip. Samples I'll bring are Lime and Hungarian Lavender.
Oh, there is a misunderstanding. You would need to be using the samples from May 4 through the end of the trip in a head to tail fashion until the one you returned home with was gone. I was thinking that your trip was in the first part of the month. My bad.

So the rule is that you are allowed to pick a product that will not make it through the month as long as you use it exclusively until it is gone, then the next soap is used until the end of the month or until it is gone.

Do I understand correctly that I can use a different soap today and also tomorrow? That means it all starts on the 4th day of the month?

Yes. It is to give people enough time to try a few soaps before they dedicate themselves to one soap for an entire month. Also to give more time for registration. It's our "open season" to be wild and binge on soaps.

Top Bottom