What's new

Rock Island Armory

This helped me a ton. Very nice grouping

$wheel+chart.gif

I have some of those printed. I really need to get to the range more often.

Put on a new set of grips, they sure feel a lot better. I like the looks too.

Attachments

• $P1000224.jpg
    $P1000224.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 25
Had a chance to get to the range today. I brought with me two different brands of 230 fmj round nose, one was some off brand stuff called Independence and the other was some Federal. The pistol only came with one mag so the other day I went to the lgs and picked up a Kimber-Pro 7 rounder.

I mixed the two different rounds in each on the mags and got to shooting. This was my first time in a long time with a .45. I'm in no way an expert of guns in general and even less with the 1911 format.

I put 70 rounds through it first time out. The gun ran with no malfunctions at all. The only hiccup was the mag that came with the gun didn't hold the slide back after the last round one time. All other times it worked great as did the Kimber mag. Like I said I'm not all the familiar with the 1911 platform but the gun felt nice and smooth as was the trigger.

So far I'm pretty damn impressed with this thing. It's a better shot than me, that's for sure.

Here a sample of my shooting at 10 yards. I have a hard time with these damn bifocals much beyond that with this size target.

As you can see I was pulling a bit to the left.

Looks like you got a good shooting .45 there.:biggrin1:

I knew you would have a good time with it at the range. 1911's are my favorite defensive caliber pistols to shoot at the range. Now watch out!! 1911's have a tendancy to multiply. Before you know it you will have 1911itis.

I have those grips on my Colt Defender. They deffinatly make the pistol more comfortable and grippy.

Last edited:
Top Bottom