What's new

Rigarazor

He needs to make a website. He will save himself eBay fees. We will save ourselves the sales taxes that eBay charges.
I guess living a little more laid back life in Latvia and making razors for 40 yrs or more it must not be high on his priority list. Possibly ebay is a good route that matches his razors reaching the masses and not overwhelming him past his ability to make them by hand.
Not sure.
I'm not displeased at all with the $222 I paid.

Not far off from other razor makers asking price. I guess he doesn't mind paying ebay to show his wares and be his website while others pay to keep up with a website with time and money.

Bottom line it's not how much we pay, it's how much the maker is making on each blade to pay for expenses or how much profit they want to make.
If he's not interested in making a ton of money I'd rather see him stay small and be able to keep up with quality rather than quantity, and fewer of his razors mean over time they'll be more valuable.

My new one arrived today. About a week from Latvia to Ireland. I had arranged for it to be sent to a friend's address as I wasn't certain I'd be in the country when it arrived. I'll open the package when I get home, but past experience combined with other reviews I'm confident I will not be disappointed.

Package opened and as expected no issues immediately apparent. Very well balanced and looks great. Initially I wasn't sure about the yellow scales, but it makes a good change from the many black, (faux) ivory, and dull horn scales on most of my other razors. IMG_20230802_002212.jpgIMG_20230802_002337.jpg

Package opened and as expected no issues immediately apparent. Very well balanced and looks great. Initially I wasn't sure about the yellow scales, but it makes a good change from the many black, (faux) ivory, and dull horn scales on most of my other razors.
Smooth, comfortable shave straight away. Didn't even strop the razor first. I might take it through the diamond balsa progression before the next time I use it for a comparison.

In my humble opinion, Rigas are the most shaveable, most nicely crafted and best value for the dollars spent out there.. I'm, very happy for them!
I agree Loner. I love shaving with mine, makes whiskers feel like cutting through butter. But I will say, my son who is just now trying straight shaving didn't care for it but I think it was due entirely to not enough exposure yet.
Overall, it has been my baseline shave for the ones I'm honing.

I have one exactly like this, bought as one of my very first razors. Probably in 2018, if I remember correctly.

When you start shaving with a straight, you have little to compare it to, but I can honestly say that it is still one of my favourites, second only to my Fili 14's.

When I say I love shaving with it, I have to add that I have to be in the right mood for it. It demands focus and attention, not a razor I will choose for a quick shave.

I have nicked my right earlobe at least three times. I ascribe it to the fact that it has a bit more of a smile than my usual razors and when I place it on my face for the first stroke, the point is further towards my ear than it feels on my face.

User error! Nothing wrong with the blade, it's pure perfection.

1692904627864.png

I actually shaved with it this morning and found that the French point lets me actually see what I'm doing better than "safer" razors. And there's just enough of a smile that I didn't have to worry about dragging the point on my neck hollows.
How was the edge? Rigarazor and Koraat are some of the very few makers that actually send out razors that are ready to shave with.

My Rigarazor arrived a week or so back; it is a work of art and shaves very, very nicely. However I'm more than a little disappointed that it came without a case! Is that normal? None was pictured in the advertisement, but I thought an item of this quality and price would have one. Guess I can make or use a toothbrush/pen sleeve or similar...

Top Bottom