What's new

Rigarazor

Does anyone know why razor manufacturors of near wedges use tape? It seems better (and easier for the honer) for the spine and the edge to wear at the same rate so the angle stays the same. Is it just that the bevel would look larger (and perhaps unsightly)? I'm sure there is something I'm missing but I don't get it at the moment.
To hone a near wedge without tape would take a lot of time since you would need to remove a lot of material.

The angle of the edge won't change much from just regular maintenance honing. If you keep removing significant amounts of material that's a different story of course, but just keeping the edge sharp won't change the angle for a long time.
At some point after many years you might have to readjust the angle, but it's not an issue you have to worry about for quite some time.

If you're not entirely sure, you can always measure the angle and see if adjustment is necessary.

Remind me again on how to buy one of his razors?
rigarazor21 is his name on ebay.
On ebay look to the right of the search bar, you'll see the word 'advanced' click on it.

Scroll down the page till you see the section 'sellers', type in the box rigarazor21.
Click on search. The only thing he has right now is a whetstone but you can contact him on that page with 'contact seller'.

rigarazor21 is his name on ebay.
On ebay look to the right of the search bar, you'll see the word 'advanced' click on it.

Scroll down the page till you see the section 'sellers', type in the box rigarazor21.
Click on search. The only thing he has right now is a whetstone but you can contact him on that page with 'contact seller'.
Thanks!

Got my second Rigarazor today. Juma ivory snake scales. Absolutely flawless grinds and finish, as expected.

95wJ3sU.jpg
yUkpPz7.jpg
QtDXlms.jpg

I contacted Andrej a few days ago for a new project I am thinking about. I was surprised that he didn't answer within a day like my previous experiences with him. He is always very responsive.

Got a message today from Sergej (don't know the relation to Andrej) stating that Andrey is not working currently, recovering from surgery.

I hope it's not something serious and that he will be doing what he does masterly and clearly loves doing.

I think sometimes we forget that there are real people on the other side of the keyboard, having real human issues.

If anyone has personal contact with him, please convey my genuine well wishes for a speedy recovery.

Jaco

Top Bottom