What's new

EDACO (Ernst Darmann & Co) 19

Hello (again) Folks!

After about 15 years of negligence, I am returning to the straight path in style, with a recently acquired EDACO 19. Had it honed (still need to dig up my old stones) and will be test shaving in the coming days.

edaco19-03.jpg

edaco19-02.jpg

Have a great shave, have a great day!

And here is the full kit:
  • pre-shave: Proraso sensitive (white)
  • soap: Mitchell's wool fat/lanoline
  • brush: Omega boar (cheapest I could find; best spent ~USD 4.5/EUR 4)
  • after shave: Weleda after shave balm
shaving_kit.jpg

Will take some time to get back into the routine but already looking forward to the next shave! 😁

Just a quick update: I recently acquired some .5 micron diamond paste (as I was not completely satisfied with the honer's job) and applied it on a strip of leather I had lying around from an abandoned project - and plan to turn it into a proper stropping pad. Before today's shaving, I ran the EDACO on the diamond side 20 laps (rougher side) and another 20 on the smooth side.
It got me the smoothest, closest shave I ever managed to get out of a straight! I have to admit, I did have some burn afterwards, but on a patch where I would normally get it even with a DE - as the hair grows in a whorl. Overall, I am really happy with this razor and I am slowly regaining my confidence in using a str8 again :straight:

Top Bottom