What's new

Rigarazor

😁 had to send this pic to Andrej. If not for him, I may never have known about Latvia.
Guess that makes him a good geography teacher? In addition to his razor side gig 😁
I've got to say, this was one of the smoothest vodkas I've ever had.

I've finally gotten my honing down to where I'm now getting a razor rotation.
I have one more to test and then I'll use the rigarazor again.
It'll be a good comparison for the ones I'm honing.
It's my go to reference point.

I bought a Rigarazor in 2021 by mistake after meeting a friend for a few beverages.

Last week I had a few beverages with the same friend with the same result. I put a $150 starting bid on one and ended up winning the auction. I was honestly waiting to be sniped.

The razor is presently en route to Ireland from Latvia.

I think I have to stop meeting this friend for drinks. Works out very expensive.

I bought a Rigarazor in 2021 by mistake after meeting a friend for a few beverages.

Last week I had a few beverages with the same friend with the same result. I put a $150 starting bid on one and ended up winning the auction. I was honestly waiting to be sniped.

I think I have to stop meeting this friend for drinks. Works out very expensive.
I think you should thank your friend, and buy him a beverage or two, for setting you on the right path! :biggrin1:

I would like to meet your friend. Might help me find the few things that I am still searching for.

Well now I know the secret on how to get a great deal on my next one.

I'll take a few shots of the vodka from Lativa right before I put the bid in and wait for the magic to happen :c2:

congrats. based on the timing of your post about it's arrival, theres a good chance I was bidding against you on ebay!

How does one buy one of these razors? Is the only way to get on eBay and bid and hope?
I see there is one for sale for a very good price. It says 'new' but the seller explains he couldn't find a 'pre owned' option to choose (not sure why he couldn't find 'used').

It's a unique design and I just asked Andrej (the maker) if he remembers making this one.
It is a 'buy now' or you can make 'an offer' at a lower price. At the USD price of $135 + $17 shipping that's a pretty good deal, especially if you make a lower offer. So, this particular one isn't a 'bid' one.

I'm not ready for a new one yet or else I would definitely have thought more seriously about this one.
I've never dealt with this particular seller, he looks relatively new.

Andrej remembers that one on ebay in the above post. He says it looks like it may have been honed differently so be cautious if any of us buy it.

Not yet Rick.
I'm pleased with the grind on the one I have. I'm still working on deciding which particular grind I prefer and with me in the fine tuning phase of my honing it could still be awhile.
I shaved with the rigarazor today in my rotation of razors, and as I was hoping, it was an eye opener, again.
The rigarazor shaves very close to a shavette, it showed me that as good as I thought mine were doing, there's plenty of room for improvement.
It's true that having one honed by a 'master' is a good investment when learning to hone.
Now I need to figure out where mine are compared to his, too sharp?, not sharp enough? etc.... etc...

Reactions: Wid
Top Bottom