What's new

razorock what the puck triple milled shave soaps

Today I ordered Saponificio Varesino ‘70 and I plan to make Cella Bio my soap for life. I already have Cella Classic and I like it very much except for the smell. I tend to search for shaving products until I find the right ones for me, then I just enjoy.
So far I settled to:
Fatip Grande testina gentile
Semogue C3 torga mistura/1470

They were delivered to my doorstep tonight. Good size. I'm not going to need soap or cream for a couple of years.

All smell great. Initial ranking of scent green, black yellow and blue.

Yellow smells like Aramis cologne to my nose. Thumbs up

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
They were delivered to my doorstep tonight. Good size. I'm not going to need soap or cream for a couple of years.

All smell great. Initial ranking of scent green, black yellow and blue.

Yellow smells like Aramis cologne to my nose. Thumbs up
From what I have been able to dig up, here's what I found they are supposed to be like....

Black Label .... YSL Rive Gauche
Blue Label ...... Floid Blue
Gold Label ..... AdP Colonia
Green Label ... Citrus Fougere

From what I have been able to dig up, here's what I found they are supposed to be like....

Black Label .... YSL Rive Gauche
Blue Label ...... Floid Blue
Gold Label ..... AdP Colonia
Green Label ... Citrus Fougere

This is what I hear the scent profiles are like too.

My order of liking their scents are Green, Blue, Black, Gold

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
I have to admit that I'm now curious as to which soaps make the Top 10!
Sir, ask and you'll receive. :001_smile

1. Saponificio Varesino Desert Vetiver Beta 4.3
2. Saponificio Varesino Manna di Sicilia Beta 4.3
3. RazoRock Plague Doctor Super Formula
4. RazoRock Santa Maria del Fiore
5. Cella Extra Extra Bio
6. La Toja
7. Pre de Provence N°63
8. Pre de Provence Bergamot and Thyme
9. Haslinger Schafmilch V2
10. Haslinger Honig V2

I’ve avoided using Razorock what the puck soaps just because of the boarder line vulgar name. I got the 4 pack and $15,00 I got years of great shaves to look forward too. Finally a artisan soap that isn’t over scented and shaves like a dream. Expensive soap is money wasted.

does anyone else find the what the puck soaps to be strongly scented? all of them smell like cologne type scents to me and I rather like them all. Don't find any of the 4 what the puck soaps offensive at all. they are just nice and strong cologne type scents. how would you guys compare the what the puck soaps to razorock's croap shave soaps? do you like them better or not?

Sir, ask and you'll receive. :001_smile

1. Saponificio Varesino Desert Vetiver Beta 4.3
2. Saponificio Varesino Manna di Sicilia Beta 4.3
3. RazoRock Plague Doctor Super Formula
4. RazoRock Santa Maria del Fiore
5. Cella Extra Extra Bio
6. La Toja
7. Pre de Provence N°63
8. Pre de Provence Bergamot and Thyme
9. Haslinger Schafmilch V2
10. Haslinger Honig V2
A venerable list, thanks for satisfying my curiosity Marco! This has definitely given me some ideas for future purchases!

does anyone else find the what the puck soaps to be strongly scented? all of them smell like cologne type scents to me and I rather like them all. Don't find any of the 4 what the puck soaps offensive at all. they are just nice and strong cologne type scents. how would you guys compare the what the puck soaps to razorock's croap shave soaps? do you like them better or not?
I like the pucks better because they last longer compared to the croaps. Always been a hard puck soap guy myself. I'm a big fan of the whole line and own both the sticks and pucks as a result. The croaps offer you a wider range of scents and some variance in the formula depending on which one you get. Mudder Focker, for instance, is a must try given the inclusion of Fuller's Earth as an ingredient.

You can't go wrong with Razorock, they partner with very fine Italian artisans to produce their products and always live up to their value for money philosophy. In my experience you generally will get a premium quality product from Razorock without the premium price.

I have been enjoying a WtP Gold for a few weeks now, and expect a package today with the Black and Green versions. Eager to try them out. This style of soap is a nice complement to their existing croap line. That Gold one smells niiice.

My only complaint, and it isn't much of a complaint, is that these come in a smaller-diameter tub, and the puck nearly fills the tub vertically flush to the rim, so you have a smaller area to swirl around on and less space to hold that lather without it spilling overboard. Even though I normally work up a lather from a tub held at a 45-degree angle so that the initial lather falls into my scuttle, where I stir it further, this was more awkward because it happens right away.

I realize this is a me problem, not a product problem. With it being a solid puck, I simply put it into an empty RR tub of the usual size that I was about to throw out.

I have been enjoying a WtP Gold for a few weeks now, and expect a package today with the Black and Green versions. Eager to try them out. This style of soap is a nice complement to their existing croap line. That Gold one smells niiice.

My only complaint, and it isn't much of a complaint, is that these come in a smaller-diameter tub, and the puck nearly fills the tub vertically flush to the rim, so you have a smaller area to swirl around on and less space to hold that lather without it spilling overboard. Even though I normally work up a lather from a tub held at a 45-degree angle so that the initial lather falls into my scuttle, where I stir it further, this was more awkward because it happens right away.

I realize this is a me problem, not a product problem. With it being a solid puck, I simply put it into an empty RR tub of the usual size that I was about to throw out.
I've been using WtP Blue for a month and really enjoy it. I put the soap out of the container in a larger mug. No longer fits in the puck container.

I find myself enjoying it more and more. Great stuff.

First impressions on Razorock What the Puck shaving soaps.

Just received some of these today including Razorock WTP Black, Green and Blue pucks. Interesting that the current labels just show Razorock branding without the WTP on earlier versions. Scents of all three are nice on a freshly opened puck. Will see how everything works when I start to use these in the next day or so. Other then fragrance components the ingredients of all three are identical so I expect similar shaving experiences with the exception of the scent.

Definitely a hard puck with full 3.5 oz weight. Not quiet as hard as my tallow based triple milled pucks such as Williams or MWF but harder than my Van Der Williams Blends. Roughly similar hardness to Arko.

Will be curious to see if Razorock WTP works best with my boar or softer synthetic brushes. Boar is best for me with Williams and MWF though my synthetic works will with Arko and my blends. Have seen on-line videos with both types of brush used on the WTP soaps. Will likely try both.

What type of brush has worked best for you with the Razorock WTP soaps?

P.S. Noticed on the Italian Barber web site that the Goodfellas soap pucks offered there have identical soap ingredients listed in the same order. Only the trace, likely fragrance, ingredients are different.

...Will be curious to see if Razorock WTP works best with my boar or softer synthetic brushes. Boar is best for me with Williams and MWF though my synthetic works will with Arko and my blends. Have seen on-line videos with both types of brush used on the WTP soaps. Will likely try both...

What type of brush has worked best for you with the Razorock WTP soaps?
Two methods I've had good success with are:
- Take the puck out of the storage container and hold in hand to load the soap using a large boar brush, such as Omega 49.
- Dampen the puck and apply soap directly to the wet face to get a good film of soap onto the beard. Face lather with a synthetic brush.

Use plenty of soap, it's inexpensive.

I've got black and blue and also received the Italian classic soap. I got them on sale so wanted to test them out. They perform extremely well but got turned off by the scents. I'll try giving them a whirl again in about a month.

I've got black and blue and also received the Italian classic soap. I got them on sale so wanted to test them out. They perform extremely well but got turned off by the scents. I'll try giving them a whirl again in about a month.
What is it about the scents you don't like? It doesn't seem to be a strong scent once the lather is built.

What is it about the scents you don't like? It doesn't seem to be a strong scent once the lather is built.
Sorry, I should have been more descriptive. It's me and not the soap scents! I normally like straight forward scents like Sandalwood, Cedarwood, Lavender etc..
So I figured I would try another scent profile since they were cheap to acquire because of the sale that they had. And it also would give me a chance to try their soaps since I have other Razorock products (razor, brush!). They make great stuff!
Like I said, the soaps perform great but the scents aren't for me. I'm sure they're great for anyone that has a wide palette. What I did learn was that I'll just stick to the normal scents that I like whenever I try buying a new brand.
Hope that clears it up!

Top Bottom